How can it be November already? How are we wrapping up the end of another year? Mother Nature is not ready for the year to end yet as I still have flowers blooming in my front flower bed and we are still wearing t-shirts without jackets. I will embrace it as I do enjoy going out and not being cold, but I also love snowy winter days. I'm sure they will be here soon enough.
Monday was Halloween and much awaited at that. The kids have had their costumes for almost a month and they were so excited to finally get to wear them. The girls had lots of ideas for their makeup and Rachel was only concerned about getting home from school and getting all her trick-or-treating done by 7:30 (bed time). We did not make the 7:30 bed time but we all had a great time trick-or-treating and seeing friends. Rachel and Becca both had school, the costume parade, and class parties. After school we ate a quick supper, waited for Mike to get home, then headed to town and enjoyed trick-or-treating Grandma Priest, Stacy Chingren, The Murdock's, the Troshynski's, and ending with the Dugans'.
 |
| Cladeen Wolf |
 |
| Captain America |
 |
| Frankie Stein |
 |
| They really wanted a picture with Roger. |
 |
| Parade time |
 |
| She is always so excited when she finds us at functions. |
 |
| Mike even got in the spirit this year. |
 |
| Grandma Priest's house. |
 |
| Trick-or-treat |
 |
| Family Photo (I was kind of wonder woman) |
Tuesday the girls had school and we finally made it back to Jazzercise. I seem to only be able to make 1 or 2 classes a week and then miss a week or 2 before going back. Life with 3 Little's and a big family requires lots of extra time. Between school drop off and pick up I was able to get some laundry done and Alec and I got outside to play just a little. Wednesday after taking Rachel to school and going to Jazzercise the kids and I went to coffee with Gwen and Lisa. It was so good catching up with them that I forgot to watch the clock and Becca was almost late for preschool. Oopps! Wednesday night Johnna came out and watched the kids so that Mike and I could go to dinner. We ate at River's Edge then stopped by Applebee's to watch the first couple innings of the Cubs game. We then came home and Mike went to bed but I had to stay up and watch the game. The Cubs pulled off an amazing win in extra innings after a rain delay. I think the rain was the tears of all the Cubs fans that waited so many years for them to win the World Series. I am sure Grandma Davis was cheering and crying!
Thursday we took Rachel to school, went to Jazzercise, and then went to the grocery store so I could pick up all the stuff I needed before going to a Wild Tree party on Friday night. Wild Tree is a company that makes spices and mixes that you can use while cooking. After taking Becca to school we came home and did some more laundry and then did homework after school and everyone was in bed on time and I went to bed early after the late night watching the Cubs.
Friday after taking Rachel to school I prepared all my meals for the Wild Tree party. We made 10 freezer meals, some are crock pot, so are for the grill, and some are for the oven or stove top. I had to put all the different types of meats and vegetables in the bags then Friday night at the party we added the spices and got the recipes for all the meals. I am excited to try the meals we prepared and even was excited to know that we didn't just get enough spice to make the 10 meals so of the spices have lots left. After Rachel got out of school we headed to Sutherland to watch Sean wrestle. He won the first match and lost the next 2 but ended up with a 3rd place finish. We were only able to watch 2 matches before coming home so I could make it to my party on time. Babs came out and watched the kids as Mike was on call. Pat and Wanda came out to see the kids after buying a 4-wheeler.
 |
| Playing on the playground between Sean's matches. |
Saturday Pat, Wanda, and Phyllis came out for breakfast. Rebekah came out and watched the kids while I ran in to the Cowboy Christmas craft fair and then Pat and Wanda came back out for a late lunch. Granddad and Mike then gave the kids rides on the 4-wheeler while I went to church. Sunday Rachel had CCD then we picked up donuts and headed home. It was such a nice day that after lunch we all went out and cleaned out flower beds, planted the mums, and played in the leaves that we raked up. It was then time for baths, a short movie and bed as Saturday was day light saving and the time change had everyone tired extra early.
 |
| Everyone has to work before we can play |
 |
| He said the sun was too bright unless he held his hands like this. |
 |
| Leaf fight. |
 |
| My three babies. They look so much alike here. |
 |
| Mike couldn't let the kids have all the fun! |
No comments:
Post a Comment