Saturday, November 5, 2016

October Ends With Warm Weather

    I can't believe the weather we have been having. It is nice to be able to get outside a little bit each day. My trees still have some leaves on them and I still have petunias in bloom in my front flower bed. I'm sure when it finally gets cold it will get really cold but for now I will take this weather. I need to go out and clean out my garden and transplant some fall flowers. Hopefully this weekend!
  October 24-30
 Monday I waited by the phone most the day as Sandi's water broke on Sunday afternoon and I was just sure she would have that baby boy mid-morning. Little did we all know at the time but Axel took is sweet time coming into this world and then gave us all a scare as he was life flighted to the NICU at the med center. Mike had just gotten home when I found out that they were going to life flight him so Mike and I discussed our options and decided it would work for me to leave at 6 and meet Axel off the life flight and come back on Tuesday. We are so thankful for our neighbors for letting Rachel hang out early and ride to school on Tuesday, and for Lisa and Marty to be on constant call for our emergencies. Mike was able to drop Becca and Alec off on his way to work and then Lisa got Becca to school and both girls picked up while letting Alec tag along with her for the day. I got to Omaha around 10 and meet Kristi and Dylan in the parking lot then we went to the NICU and waited for Axel. They were delayed in take off so he didn't land and get all settled until after midnight. Axel was breathing well and looking good when he got to Omaha. Sandi and Aaron arrived around 2:30 and Sandi finally got to hold and try to feed her baby boy. It was a long night with little rest but Axel was doing well and Sandi and Aaron both got a little sleep. Mom and Pat got to Omaha the next morning and after having a late breakfast with Aaron I got on the road and came home. I picked up the kids at Lisa's grabbed them some supper and went to bed right after putting the kids to bed.
Axel William Kohlman
7.6 lbs 20 1/4 inches long
October 24, 2016
    Wednesday Mike took Rachel to school. Michelle brought Ashlynn out to play while she was at some meetings. We took Becca to school then played outside. Alec wanted to give Ash a ride in Becca's car but she was not so sure about it. Ellie Fudge came out Wednesday night and watched the kids while Mike and I meet with some investment people and went to dinner. Wednesday was also the day that my cousins Sean and Andrea's one week old baby Kanaan went to heaven. He was born a week prior at 35 weeks. He was a strong little boy but ended up getting meningitis and a virus in his blood that his poor body could not fight. Wednesday was superhero day at school so everyone had to dress up. I forgot to get a picture of Rachel but here are Alec and Becca.


Ashlynn and Alec
   Thursday we just stayed home and did laundry and got ready for the weekend. It was so nice after school that I took the kids to the park in Hershey. They all had so much fun playing on the nice fall day. Axel finally got released from the NICU to home and has been doing well every since. Friday after school Rachel went to stay with her friend Chloe, Mike took Becca and Alec to the ranch, and I headed to Omaha. After a brief stop at Sean's I stayed the night with Kevin and Harper Hallam. Saturday I attended Kanaan's funeral and came back to North Platte. Chloe and her dad dropped Rachel off and then I watched the football game while Rachel watched movies.
Axel gets to go home

Fun at the park

Becca was excited one of her classmates was also at the park.

Always finding sticks and using them as guns or swords.
   Sunday Rachel and I went to CCD and church then grabbed some lunch and came home. Mike and the little ones got home and everyone painted pumpkins before watching a movie and going to bed. Another week in the book! 
Paper Bag masks with Cousin Ashyln







Mike's finished pumpkin

Becca's pumpkins

Alec and Rachel's pumpkins.


No comments:

Post a Comment