Wednesday, November 16, 2016

The Flu

   When the flu hits your house you have more time to get caught up. Poor Alec and Rachel have been sick this past week and a half. Luckily it has only lasted a couple hours but it resulted in a couple of long nights for this mommy. Now I'm just hoping Becca does not get it. Last week started off good and then ended with cuddles with the little man so I really can't complain.
   Monday the girls had school and I did some cleaning and laundry. At 2 pm Sean wrestled in Hershey so Alec and I went to the meet and watched Sean with Aaron. Alec had a good time watching the kids wrestle and the girls even did a good job after school. Mike was able to make it over for Sean's last match and then we all went to Butches to eat.
Sean and Alec

Our little mean wrestler
   Tuesday we took Rachel to school then went to Jazzercise and Walmart. We came home and played. I spent most the night watching the TV as it was Election Day. Trump pulled off the win over Hilary Clinton! I did not stay up as I did my part and voted early. I am glad Trump won and can't wait to see how or if anything changes over the next four years. Wednesday was Rachel's Veteran's Day program at school. Hershey always does such a good job with the program. Rachel did a great job singing and Becca enjoyed sitting with neighbor Melissa. My favorite parts are still when the band plays all the different songs for each division in the military and when they set the table at the end for the soldier that is not home. Both parts tug at my heart strings as I have had good friends and classmates that have served, still are serving, and that have lost their lives in the line of duty. It is something that I and hopefully my children never have to experience but I am truly grateful for those that have served and are still serving today.
Rachel middle of second row in the white shirt.

May my children always show respect to the national anthem and the American flag.

The table.
   Wednesday night Alanna came and watched the kids while I ran to town and did some errands. Alec got sick then when I got home and he and I were up most the night. Thursday was spent at home. Alec was feeling better but took a 3 hr nap, which is not like him. Thursday night we just relaxed and watched a movie as the kids had Friday off school. We were supposed to go to O'Neill to celebrate Sandi's birthday and opening weekend of deer season but I didn't want to chance it with Alec being sick and Axel being so young. Friday Alec got sick again and spent most the day in my chair. The girls and I finally got all Becca's clothes moved into dressers and in the girl's room downstairs. Alec was feeling better while I was working out and came down to join me. He then slipped on the elliptical and fell on one of Mike's weights and gave himself a nice black eye.
Right after he did it!

Later that night when he was feeling better.
  Saturday Mike had ATLS class all day so the kids and I played in the morning then went to town for lunch and to the new Troll movie. Becca was excited to see a friend and sit with Maria during the movie. It was a cute movie and the kids all had a great time. Babs then came out to watch the kids while Mike and I went to supper with the Dugan's then to a couple different parties to watch the Nebraska game. Sunday Rachel had CCD then we went to church. After church we picked up Traci and Mia and went to the lake to look at their new sea wall and have a picnic lunch. Rachel was not feeling well so we didn't stay long. We came home and took the kids Christmas Pictures. We finished right before Rachel got sick. We then watched a movie everyone went to bed. Rachel was sick a couple times in the night but felt much better Monday morning.
Sneak Peek at our Christmas pictures. This one is so cute but it really shows Alec's black eye!




No comments:

Post a Comment