Sunday, April 28, 2019

April 15 - April 21

   Monday April 15th the girls did not have school due to district music. I was sleeping in that morning and heard Mike as Alec what he was going to do all day. I shot out of bed and remembered that Alec actually had school that day the girls were just off. Luckily my kids don't really sleep in and this all happened at 7:30 so I still had plenty of time to get Alec and I ready and get him to school on time. By the time I got back home Elly had came over and we all decided to go for a run since they did not have girls on the run that day. I was only planning to go 2 miles but the girls wanted to do a 5K so Becca jumped on her bike and the girls and I ran with the dogs. We all made it the full 3.1 miles and I had time to shower before going back to town to get Alec and pick up lunch. When I picked Alec up we also ran some errands in town like paying our taxes and picking up grass seed for the old garden areas we are trying to replant. That evening Maci came to watch and put the kids to bed while Mike and I went to town for an interview dinner.
Post Run Picture
   Tuesday the kids all had school and I went to Walmart before coming home to workout. After picking up Alec I came home and put the bagger on the mower and Alec and I picked up the yard. We gathered lots of sticks and broken dog toys. We then got cleaned up and picked up the girls from school. Rachel had a quick dentist appointment then we stopped to visit Grandma Priest and Becca got changed into her soccer stuff before heading the Becca's game. Becca ended up tying the other team which was nice as she had two friends playing on the other team. Becca scored 1 goal in the game. We then went to dinner and came home for baths and bed.
Picture Day

Team Huddle

Cheering for her team

Best Friends

Becca and Bentley

Becca and Jemma
    Wednesday the kids had school and I ran around town running errands and signing the girls up for summer piano and dance/gymnastics classes. Alec and I then came home and worked on house stuff until it was time to go to school for the GOTR practice 5K. Becca went to CCD and since it was such a nice day Alec just stayed and played on the playground while Rachel and I ran around the practice field. Rachel and finished all 26 laps and enjoyed cheering on the rest of the girls until they all finished. We then went and picked up Becca and came home for taco's and showers before bed.
Finished our run

Hershey GOTR group

Friends: Demi, Elly, and Rachel
     Thursday Alec did not have school due to Easter break so we went to Hershey for Sean's track meet. It was cold and rainy but we did get to see him run the 110 hurdles and the 100 before we left. After lunch we then went to Sarah Schaffer's to play and have and Easter Egg hunt. The girls rode the bus home and then we all got ready for church. We went to church at 6:30 with Marty and Lisa and then went to their house to dye Easter Eggs. Each year as the kids dye traditional eggs Lisa and I come up with a new way to dye and egg or two. This year we tried a silk tie method. (You wrap a raw egg in a piece of silk tie, then wrap it in cotton, then place it in water with some vinegar and boil it for 20 minutes. After it is cool you unwrap it.)
Hunting Eggs




Annual Godparent Picture

Silk Tie Egg
    Friday the kids didn't have school and since it was so nice out we decided to stay home and get yard work done. The kids and I worked our little tails off all day. We started out cleaning out the old gardens and cleaning up the yard again. I then mowed while Rachel came inside and worked on laundry. Mike then tilled the old garden's when he got home then Mike, Becca, and Alec went to fence at the Campbell section. Rachel and I stayed and transplanted all the iris from the old dog house area to the area next to the shop, we then planted the grass seed in the old garden's before going to the Campbell section to pick up Mike and the Little's. We came home and I grilled salmon and we enjoyed eating outside.
   Saturday Mike went fencing and the kids and I played outside and cleaned out and mulched the front flower beds. Mike then came home and we all got cleaned up and headed to the ranch to celebrate Easter. The kids played outside for awhile when we got there before coming inside for a quick supper and bed. Sunday we got up and had breakfast then the Easter Bunny hid some eggs before we took off for Seneca for church with Wanda. Mike was helping Pat and Aaron and did not make it back in time for church. We had a great time at church and the kids enjoyed helping out with the children's part of mass. After church went back to Pat and Wanda's and had lunch before heading home. We ended up hitting something in the road on the way home and had to change a tire in Mike's new truck. Mike and I worked together to change the tire and decided if all else fails we might make a good pit crew team. The kids were excited to see what the Easter Bunny brought and exhausted by the time we got home so they went to bed after finding their baskets and candy,  and Mike and I enjoyed a movie before bed.

Such a Goof









Happy Easter

So Windy. The animals they got from Church


Alec Checking out all the outdoor stuff EB left

No comments:

Post a Comment