Friday, June 21, 2019

May 6 - May 12

   Happy First Day of Summer! I am going to try to get a couple new blog updates done over the next couple days. Crazy to think that summer is almost half over for the kids and I have not even finished with the last day of school blogs. I am going to blame the crazy weather!
   Monday May 6th the kids all had school and I ran to Walmart the picked up Alec and came home to workout and do laundry. That afternoon Alec and I made some cookies to take to the school for Rachel's end of the year GOTR party. Becca went home with Bree after school and Alec and I attended Rachel's party. The coach got up and said a little something about each girl and gave them each a charm bracelet. Rachel decided to keep her charms on her shoe as she is not really a jewelry wearing person. I then brought all the kids home and fed them before going back to school to the end of the year HELP club meeting. Rachel put the kids to bed and Mike got home around 8. It was announced at the meeting that I would be the new HELP club vice president starting with the 2020-2021 school year, for the 2019-2020 school year I will be helping the current vice president so I have some idea as to what all needed to be done.
Group picture for end of the year.

Rachel sitting down after her award
   Tuesday we took the girls to school then I drove to the bowling alley for Alec's end of the year field trip. We had a lot of fun bowling and Alec even won lucky train and best dancer. We then went to Grandma Priest's and had lunch with aunt J, Dana, and Jackson. After school we picked up the girls and planned to come home and get ready for soccer but the games ended up getting postponed due to cold and rain. Mike brought home Chinese for supper!





This is Alec's new hair do each day.
    Wednesday I took the kids to school then went back to Hershey for some training to be a TEAMMATES mentor next fall. I then went to town and picked up Alec from school and we came home so I could do more laundry and run on the treadmill. We then picked the girls up from school and took Rachel to town for her first piano/vocal lesson. She loved it was is bummed that she only has lessons one day a week. We then came home and had spaghetti and meatballs and worked on end of school year teacher gifts. 


    Thursday the kids had school and I met up with some friends for coffee. After Alec was done with school we came home and had some people come out to fix our sprinkler system as I noticed a water leak the other day while we were outside. We then picked the girls and Elly up from school, came home and got Becca ready for her soccer game and headed to town. Becca had a good last soccer game of the season even though it was cold. Alec ended up not ever playing his last game but had a great year overall. We then picked up Jimmy John and dropped Elly off and came home.










   Friday morning Rachel woke up with a fever so she stayed home and I ran Becca to school. The girls had their end of the year field day at noon and Rachel was feeling better so we all went to school. Rachel made it about an hour and then did not feel good so she watched a movie in the car while we finished field day. By the time we got home Rachel had a temp of 105 and just wanted to lay in the chair with blankets on. I mowed that evening and sprayed weeds and worked on tilling the garden.


She just didn't feel that good!






   Saturday Rachel was still not feeling well and Mike was on call so he headed into work and Rachel stayed home with Becca, Alec and I headed to graduation parties. We first went to North Platte to celebrate Reagan Gifford's high school graduation and Johnnan's nursing school graduation. After visiting and snack we headed to Hershey for Caje's graduation party. It was then home for awhile before going to church and then to Payne Dewey's party. We had a lot of fun and saw lots of friends at Payne's party but since Rachel was home and still not feeling the best we called it an early night.
Graduation gift for all the grads!
    Sunday the kids and Mike served me breakfast in bed for Mother's Day and Becca and Alec told me I had to stay in bed all day. That lasted until about 9:15 when Mike went to work and they decided maybe they needed someone to parent them since Rachel was still sick. After Mike got done at the hospital he picked up some trees to plant and we all went outside to work. Mike and I worked on the garden fence and then I cleaned and sanitized the water system in the camper. Mike then took Becca and Alec in to see Wanda and Grandma Priest while Rachel and I stayed home. She was feeling much better but I didn't want her to get anyone else sick. Wanda then brought the little ones home and visited a bit before heading back to town. We had some popcorn and watched a little TV before calling it a day.





Rachel painted this for me for mother's day!



No comments:

Post a Comment