Friday, July 10, 2015

Sinking June Week 1-2

   Sinking no longer does this post title justice, I think "Sunk" may be more appropriate. Why do I feel bad that I have not blogged in a month? I'm really not sure, I mean it's not like I have been living under a rock this whole time, we have lived, loved and visited many family and friends. So here goes a quick {haha} over view of June weeks 1 and 2.
   The first couple days in June we were still in O'Neill preparing for and celebrating all the life that grandma left behind. I am hoping to do a memorial post one of these days but for now I will just say what an amazing women with so much love in her life and heart. I am trying to be more like her which probably explains why this post is a month late. This truly is Grandma Tielke fashion!
    We finished out the first week in June with a birthday lunch for a friend, Rachel had t-ball practice, we attended one of Sam' s baseball games, and went out for supper for John's birthday. On Friday they started the dirt work for the shop. Alec loved watching the tractor's out of the garage window.

This boy was in heaven.
Family softball game.
   After they finished the work on the shop we decided it would make a good softball field and enjoyed a friendly game Friday evening. On Saturday we decided to go to Alma to see Nick, Melissa, and the kids and to celebrate Tucker and Alec's birthdays. We all had a great time playing outside, at the park, and then the kids all enjoyed having a slumber party in the living room.
Rachel driving Tucker's Jeep
Playing at the park.
Spider Becca
   We came home from Alma on Sunday and enjoyed a pool party at the country club. Sandi and Jaxson came down Sunday night so that Jaxson could play in the Jr. Ambassador 2 day golf tournament. Sandi and I followed him the first day and then we took the kids with us to watch a short scramble Monday night and then Sandi followed on Tuesday alone as I had too much to do before we left for Columbia on Wednesday.
Alec loved to watch Jaxson golf.
    Wednesday afternoon we took off for vacation. First stop was at Tyson and Nicole's were we enjoyed an evening of playing outside and a nice supper with amazing conversation. We got up Thursday morning and traveled to Columbia. We did stop in Ionia, MO to see Natalie, Kevin, and Colten. The kids enjoyed playing will all of Colten's toys. We then traveled on to Columbia, we got a hotel room right by our old house. Haley, Garrett, and baby Peyton came to the hotel to see us. It was so good to catch up with them and meet Peyton in person, I'm not so sure she was as excited to see us but I did get to hold her and snuggle her some.
Rachel climbing the tree wall at the hotel.
   Thursday we got up and did some swimming then went to lunch with Sadie and her girls. After lunch we went to the hospital and walked around and talked with our old friends and some new ones. We finally made it to Radiology and got to see Angie. It was so good to see her, she finished up some work and then we all went to Josh and Angie's for supper. The kids all had a blast playing together and it was so good catching up with the Creamer family. We enjoyed every minute of our 3 day stay, Rachel and Becca are both ready to go back already.
All the kids after swimming at the ARC
Mike and I at Nelson's wedding reception.
Beth and Alec
All the girls ready to swim.
Alec's gift from Nick and Melissa

My three babies

Loving the slides

Becca and Brooke best friends

Beth and Rachel finally reunited

The three little ones watching a movie

No comments:

Post a Comment