Sunday, December 16, 2018

June 25 - June 30

  The last week of June I started a 10 week decluttering of the house. It was such a good feeling as I cleaned each room and got rid of so much unwanted stuff. I really need to do it again and stuff just seems to accumulate in this house but I have to say organization is the key to keeping a clean house. The kids rooms have stayed so much cleaner and my house is so much easier to pick up now that everything has a place.
  Monday I cleaned and organized the master bathroom. I went through makeup and stuff that has been in the bathroom since we moved 7 years ago. Johanna came out to watch the kids in the afternoon while I went to the dentist and ran errands. That night we played outside and enjoyed a summer night at home.
  Tuesday I cleaned the garage in the morning and then we took boxes to town and had lunch. Alec wanted to rock after we got home and he fell asleep. With the later bedtime this summer Alec has been suffering so after a long morning of not listening a good nap was just what he needed. The girl both had game in Hershey that evening. Becca won and Rachel lost. Rachel's team is having some problems getting really into the game and it is showing on the field.
Sleepy Boy
   Wednesday I finished decluttering and deep cleaning the master bedroom, closet, and bathroom. I did laundry and housework and made manicotti for supper. The kids went to bed early as we have a busy weekend coming up and I enjoyed the very nice evening reading outside.
Jessie didn't want me to read.

Charolette had to join also.
   Thursday I packed bag in case the girls were done with their softball tournament early and we could leave for Stuart. That afternoon we headed to Wallace for the first round of league tournaments. Both girls lost and will play again on Friday evening.







  Friday we stayed home and cleaned before packing up and heading back to Wallace for day two if the tournament. Both girls won so we will got back for day 3 tomorrow.
Exhausted after a long day
  Saturday the girls both played at 10 am so it was an early morning of ball. They both last and each got 4th place overall. The both had very good seasons and were ready for ball to be over. After the games we headed to Stuart and enjoyed the rodeo that evening. It started to rain about the time the bull riding was starting so we piled into the golf cart with some blankets to try to protect us and watched Kelly's boyfriend Lane ride in the rain. It was so much fun!


Allie, Becca, Bree, and Braislee after the game with Lola the pug

Alec after his fight at the rodeo.
   Alec was off playing during the rodeo and came back all sweaty and had a scratch on his chin. I asked him what happened and he said he had to fight a kid. Jaxson told us it was a much older and bigger kid. When Jaxson found Alec, Alec was on top of the kid and Jaxson told Alec they better let the kid up and go back to the pickup. We asked Alec what happened and he said he was talking with some friends (the word he uses for any boy that will talk to him but he doesn't know their name) and then someone said fight and the kid pushed him, so he took him down in a head lock and then put his knee on the kids neck like you do to a calf at branding time. Needless to say he was pretty proud but we had a talk about fighting.


No comments:

Post a Comment