Wednesday, December 15, 2021

February 15 - February 21

   February 2021 and December 2021 are just a few days apart! For those of you checking this out after receiving our Christmas Card bare with me, I will get this caught up in the next few weeks. So hold on tight, check back often as 2021 flew by and I wouldn't change it for the world. Okay maybe a few more days of relaxing but 3 busy kids with a very hard working husband makes the years fly by.

   Monday February 15 the kids didn't have school due to President's day and they enjoyed a lazy day at home will I ran to town and got an oil change and picked up my new apple watch for Valentine's Day. That after noon I had a Teammate's meeting and picked Rachel up after I was done.  Tuesday the kids did not have school due to Power Outages from the extreme cold temperatures. I ran to Walmart to get some things for us to cook while we were home. They cancelled Basketball that evening due to cold as so I took Rachel to piano and then we came home and had soup for supper.

   Wednesday the kids had school and I worked on packing for our ski trip. I then went to town early and set up the church for Ash Wednesday mass and pancake feed. We had a good turnout for the service and fed lots of pancakes. Kate and Justin got to our house late that night and the kids were so excited to leave the next day for skiing.

   Thursday we got up early and packed the cars. The girls were in one car and the boys in another. We stopped in Denver at Costco to get all our food and drink supplies then headed to Grandby. We stopped for lunch on our way through the mountains. We got to Grandby and picked up ski stuff before arriving at the condo. It was a great place right on the edge of the mountain. The kids couldn't wait to get on the slops the next day. Friday we all got up early and had breakfast before the guys took all the kids on the slopes. The girls picked it right up and the little boys were a bit on the struggle bus. After finally making it down to the ski lift they all got on and Kate and I headed into the house for some morning Mimosa's! The guys and kids skied until lunch and the boys were ready to relax. The girls still wanted to ski so they went on the lifts by themselves and had a blast for a few more runs. 





  Saturday the kids and guys all went skiing again and due to the longer lines they skiied mostly blacks. Kate and I enjoyed the peace and quiet and some movies while they were gone. Saturday evening we all enjoyed a big spaghetti supper and watching movies. 







   Sunday we packed up and headed back home. We stopped in Denver to do some shopping at Dick's. The kids had some homework to get caught up on when we got back so we spent Sunday evening getting school work done for the next day. It was another successful ski trip!

Becca down the black


Rachel's getting back up

Alec waiting for the rest of the group


Waiting for Justin and the little boys.


February 15 - Tell about your First Date. Mike and I's first date was dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Omaha.

February 16 - Tell about your first kiss. I kissed Mike on his birthday at his place in Omaha before I left after watching a movie.

February 17- Tell about a big fib you told. I really can't think of anything. 

February 18 - Tell about family reunions in your childhood. The only true family reunion I remember was going to Ray and Mary Katherine Estes house in the summers for a Kohle/Estes Family Reunion. Every Christmas and Easter we get together with my mom's brothers/sisters and families and every Thanksgiving we get together with my dad's side which when we were young also included all of my Grandpa Tielke's brothers/sisters and their families. Then in grade school we also started going to Valentine for Labor Day each year. 

February 19 - What do you remember as your favorite subject in school? I loved Math and Science

February 20- What do you remember as your least favorite school subject? Spelling and English

February 21 - What is the biggest problem you  remember having in Grade School? Spelling was really hard and I had to keep trying the same words over and over. I also had trouble getting work done at school. I wanted to talk to everyone so I always had to take my work home. I would spend hours after school at our kitchen table doing work. I went to a 2 room school house from K-8th grade so when the teacher was teaching other grades we were supposed to be working on our work and I never got it done.


No comments:

Post a Comment