Tuesday, January 18, 2022

April 12 - 18

    Monday April 12th Mike and I slept until around noon then we unpacked. Mike picked up kids from school while I attended a Teammates meeting and then a HELP club meeting. The kids were glad to have us home and it was so good to see them. Tuesday I took the kids to school but we let Rachel open her gifts first. I picked the kids up a little early from school as Becca had a dentist appointment at 3:40, from there we went to Rachel's Piano lesson, followed by all 3 having soccer games at 6:30. After practice we ate supper at Qudoba then it was time for showers and bed.    

   Rachel Kathryn turned 12 years old. She takes on the role of oldest child well. She never argues when we ask her to stay home and watch the kids. She makes sure they get to bed on time. Even though she still wishes she was an only child we find her having fun with her siblings often. She loves to play the piano and flute. She would love to have the cat and dogs in our house and find every opportunity she can to cuddle them. Her favorite activities include reading on the deck with the animals, and watching movies with her dad. She loved Harry Potter and spending times one on one with friends. 


Becca and Grandma made her a cake




   





  Wednesday I subbed at school in second grade then we had communion service at church. Thursday the kids had school and I went to Walmart and ran errands in town. Rachel had volleyball practice after school and Avi came home with us. We picked Rachel up from practice and headed to town for soccer games. They all played again at the same time. When they all play at the same time we get home earlier and Mike and I spend the whole time walking between games to catch a little of each one. After soccer we came home and I had sheet pan chicken stir fry. It was really good.

Everyone earned their end of the year prize for attendance





  Thursday night it snowed so we had a late start at school on Friday. I subbed for 5th grade then came home and did laundry and packed so Mike and I could head to Fall City for another wedding on Saturday. Rachel had Piano at 4:30 as the next week was crazy busy with activities. That night we enjoyed family movie night. 


School project about PERU
   Saturday we dropped Rachel off with her friend Sarah and Alec and Becca off with Lisa. Alec and Becca were supposed to have soccer but because of the snow they cancelled it. Rachel stayed with Sarah so that she could get to Kearney on Sunday for her volleyball tournament. Mike and I headed to Fall's City for Lisa and Dylan's wedding. Lisa is a PA in Mike's office. We had a great time celebrating them with Jake, Stephanie, Kasia, Bryce, Cassie, Jeff, and Jessie. We all stayed at the same hotel and rode to the wedding together. Sunday Mike and I had to get up early so that we could make it to Kearney in time to see Rachel play. They ended up winning the tournament and after they were done we meet Cindy at Buffalo Wild Wings for late lunch. Mike and Rachel stayed and hung out with Cindy while I did a little shopping then it was time to head home. We picked up Alec and Becca on the way home and enjoyed family movie night by watching Mrs. Doubtfire. The kids loved it!







April
12 - Share a memory of going to church as you were growing up. We usually went Sunday morning during the school year as we had CCD also on Sunday mornings. During the summer we would go more on Saturday nights. If we went to church with Grandma and Grandpa Kohle we would go on Saturday nights and then we always went to the bar with their friends. We would get to split 1 Pepsi between the 5 of us and we would each get a quarter to play whatever game was there at the time. 
13 - Share a memory about a church social activity. We went to church every weekend but were not that involved in it so we didn't ever go to any social activities. 
14 - Tell about an East Egg hunt.  We always had a big Easter Egg hunt at Grandma and Grandpa Kohle's behind the shop. We would always have to go to Church, then take pictures in our nice clothes, and then eat, then we could go find the Easter Eggs. 
15 - If your family went to East Sunrise service, tell about it. No we didn't ever do a sunrise service but we all went to church in Stuart for many years. 
16 - Tell about any other Easter traditions. At home the Easter bunny would hide our buckets and we couldn't start picking up candy and eggs until everyone found their Easter bucket.
17  - When you played make-believe, what did you pretend? We played house and school a lot. When we played house I was always the dad.
18 - If you could return to your childhood, what would you do differently? I would hang out with my grandparents and great grandparents more. I had a very good childhood so not a lot to do different. I would also try harder in sports!



No comments:

Post a Comment