Tuesday, January 18, 2022

April 5 - 11

    Monday April 5th the kids did not have school due to Easter break. I had a Dr appointment that morning to check my Thyroid levels and then I took Roger to the vet to get his ear fixed as it was still bothering him. That afternoon we played outside in the sprinklers and planted the peach seeds that we froze over the last couple months. (We never did get them to grow. Fruit trees are one plant I can not seem to grow!)



  Tuesday the kids went back to school and I stayed home to clean and work on laundry. After school I picked up the kids and we came home for a quick snack before taking Rachel to Piano and then all the kids had soccer practice. They are all still loving soccer and so glad to be back on the field. Wednesday the kids had school and I meet with Emma. I then went to town and ran some errands before coming home to make meatballs and spaghetti for supper. After school we had church then came home for a nice dinner. Mike and I then packed our bags and I got everything ready for Wanda and Lisa for the rest of the week and the weekend. 
    Thursday the kids rode to school with Missy as Mike and I had to leave early to get to Denver to fly to Tampa for Lyndon and Stephanie's wedding. Wanda was in town that afternoon to pick them up from school. Rachel had volleyball practice and then soccer and Becca had soccer so Wanda was busy on the road. Mike and I made it to Tampa without any delays. We checked into our rooms and then went to find Justin and Kate before going to see Justin's dad and step mom in their room. Friday the kids just had school so Wanda was able to take them and pick them up. Mike was able to golf on Friday morning before we went to the wedding brunch around the corner from our hotel room. 


Hanna and Dutch were so sad that our kids did not come along.
   Saturday the kids all had soccer games. Alec scored 3 goals and Becca scored 1. Rachel actually had 2 game and they lost the 1st but won the second. Wanda was able to make it to all the games and watch them all play a little. Mike and I enjoyed Lyndon and Steph's wedding. I was able to help Kate get the kids ready and help with Austin. It poured rain during the reception, then after the reception we went back to the hotel and partied at Justin's dad and step-mom's suite. The weather was so nice and we all had a great time. 








  Sunday Rachel had to serve at church so Wanda took the kids to town. Alec wanted to go to Lisa's to play with Sam so after church he stayed in town. Mike and I were supposed to be back by late afternoon but due to a huge storm in all of southern Florida our original flight got cancelled and we had to rebook a couple different flights to even get out that day. We arrived at the airport around 11 that morning for our original flight and didn't end up getting out of the airport until 11pm. We finally got into Denver around 4 am and then they couldn't find our luggage. We decided to just leave the luggage and drive home. Mike and I took turns driving so that we each could sleep some. We ended up getting back into Hershey as Wanda was taking the kids to school. A quick hug and they were off to school and Mike and I came home to nap. It was so good to be home after a full day in the airport.

April
5 - Tell your experiences with kite flying. When we were young we always flew kite's at Grandma Kohle's on Easter. Now we get kite's for the kids to fly at Tim and Laurie's on Labor day. One of Rachel's favorite things to do when we first moved to North Platte was to fly kites.
6 - Have you ever hunted, or tired to capture a wild animal. Yes Deer hunting in November is a big event for the Kohle side of the family. One of my favorite hunting memories was when we would all load up in Grandpa Kohle's blue pickup with the topper and go Dove hunting. We would collect the shells and when we got big enough we even got to go get the birds that Uncle Jim, Grandpa and Patsy would shoot. 
7 - Did you ever try to adopt and wild animal? NO
8 - Make Up a Limerick about yourself
            There once was a mom of Three
            She had days that she wanted to spend in a tree
            But the tree had bugs and the Three gave hugs
            Together they lived happily!
9 - Do you have a day that stands out as the very best day of your life? Our Wedding Day and the day each of our kids came into this world
10 - Relate a favorite spring memory. Easter reminds me of spring and I have so many great Easter memories with mom's side of the family. I also loved Lambing season in the spring when all the babies would run around on the hills. 
11 - Did your Mom or Dad ever find something you had hidden? I'm sure my mom found my diary that I tried to hide a time or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment