Thursday, January 20, 2022

April 26 - May 2

     Monday April 25th I subbed in 5th grade all day then came home and made Philly Steak Sandwiched for supper. Mike and Alec headed out south to work on the windmill on the Campbell and came home just in time for dinner.  Tuesday I took the kids to school then when to town to run errands. I attended a meeting at 1pm at the bank for Think North Platte. It is a group of individuals in the community that work together to bring new ideas to town. One this day we heard from a group proposing a packing plant be brought to North Platte called Sustainable Beef. After the meeting I picked up the kids from school and came home to grab a quick bite to eat before going to the church for 1st Reconciliation with our 2nd grade class. Thursday I subbed for 2nd grade and then we came home after school until it was time for soccer. The kids had their final soccer game and were sad the season was over. They really do love soccer and it was such a nice night to watch them play.











  Friday I subbed for 6th grade. After school we went to the church to decorate for 1st Communion the went to Dusty Trails to celebrate Juliann's birthday. Rachel, Becca, Alec, Auntie J, Dana, Colton, Jax, Dusty, Laura, and Juliann all went on a trail ride while Wanda and I visited. Then we enjoyed petting the animals and smores before coming home. Sam Troshynski and their dogs stayed the weekend with us as Marty and Lisa were out of town. 









Becca loves a llama!

 Saturday Rachel and Becca had basketball came from 8-12. Alec was supposed to go but woke up getting sick so he stayed home to rest. After I picked the girls up from camp I ran Sam to town to see his friends. I then came home to mow and get cleaned up. Rachel had basketball practice at 5 and we had to be at the church at 6 for pictures and 1st Communion. It was a beautiful ceremony and the kids all did great. Sunday we stayed home in the morning then I ran to Walmart and dropped off Sam and the dogs. The girls had camp again from 1-3:15. Then Mike and I went to Kathy Arnett's for an end of the year teacher party for CCD. We had a great evening of snack, drinks, and conversation. We then got home around 7 and watched a movie before bed. 




April
26 - Did you ever take anything that wasn't yours? I had 4 sisters so I am sure I did
27 - What did you do with it? Did you get caught? I'm sure I teased them and told them "I didn't have it". They usually figured it out or told mom.
28 - Do you have a story about a big surprise? The best big surprise was when we surprised Pat and Cindy by showing up in Lincoln to watch Devan play state basketball, his senior year at state. 
29 - What childhood fear do you remember? Fear of heights after I fell walking down the big twist slide at the park by grandma and grandpa Tielke's in O'Neill. I still don't like to be up high.
30 - Tell about a May Day tradition. We never did May Day growing up. When we moved to North Platte Rachel and I delivered May Day baskets one year but it's more difficult when you live outside of town.
May
1 - What were May Day baskets made of and what did they contain? I really don't know as we never got any.
2 - How much do you remember paying for and ice cream cone? I'm pretty sure they were $0.25 at the drive-in in Atkinson.



No comments:

Post a Comment