Monday June 14th Braislee Wilson came out to our house and played with Becca and Alec while Mike went to work. Rachel and I had one of our favorite days in Florida. We got to swim with the dolphins. We got up Monday morning and packed our bags for the airport then we went to dolphins plus to swim with the dolphins. We had a great time and also did some shopping in their gift shop. We then went to the airport to fly home. The flight was good but the computers were down in Denver so we had to sit on the runway for 2 hrs before we could get to the gate. By the time we got bags and headed home it was after midnight. Rachel and I finally pulled into our driveway at 4am. It was a long night.
 |
| The note I found on our door when I woke up! |
Tuesday after sleeping in I mowed the lawn and enjoyed the day with all the kids. The house looked good but there was still laundry to do and unpacking. That night was an early bedtime. Wednesday I ran to town and did some errands before getting my hair done. I also had to take my car to get checked as it had a service light come on. Mike picked me up and then we we came home to get ready for the first night of rodeo. We had to go out south and check waters before going to the Nebraskaland Bank dinner before the rodeo. Thursday Becky DeMoude invited us over to swim with Hampton's. We came home and laid down for naps before going to the Rodeo for Hospital night. It was warm out but the kids had a good time watching the rodeo.
 |
| Early Birthday Gift so he could wear his new boots! |
 |
| Birthday Week! |
 |
| Our annual picture with Traci |
 |
| Becca was not impressed with how hot it was |
Friday our baby turned 8. Alec is all boy! He loves to help his dad and is always ready to go out and work (unless he is tired and watching You Tube is an option). For his birthday he wanted to go golfing with the whole family, then swimming, then to the rodeo with just Mike and I. He also made and decorated his own cake. He loves to cook and help in the kitchen! So Friday we golfed, swam, came home and took naps, then went to the rodeo while the girls stayed home. It was FNB night and Alec was excited to have a steak supper for his birthday before the rodeo.
 |
| Becca napped on the stairs |
 |
| Leighton wanted to take a picture with us |
 |
| This is 8 |
 |
| 2 nights of rodeos is too much |
Saturday we got up early and took Becca to meet Josie to go to the parade. Then the rest of us went to the Simon to chop thistles until it got too hot. That night Becca went to the rodeo with Josie, and Alec wanted to go again so we enjoyed another night at the rodeo. This time we were glad to have passes to be up top as it rained for part of the rodeo. Rachel stayed home and enjoyed a quiet house.
 |
| Millie, Vince, and Traci have been meeting us at the rodeos for years. |
 |
| Alec's bond with Beckett and Blakely is so special |
Sunday was Father's Day and my 40th birthday. Mike planned an afternoon birthday party for me but some things got messed up with Facebook so some people showed up at the wrong time. Mike opened his gifts before church then went golfing while the kids and I went to church. After church we went to the golf course to eat and I was headed home to take nap when Mom, Dad, Sandi, and Lexa showed up and surprised me for my party. We went to Pal's at 4 and had some food and drinks. It was really windy but we had a great time. Then it was early home and bed time as it was a long 4 nights of rodeo. Elly came home from Pals with us and stayed the night.
June
14 - Tell another memory about a parade. I have only missed a couple years of the 4th of July parade in Stuart. One of our favorite traditions is going to all the 4th of July activities in Stuart!
15 - Share a childhood memory about a death that affected you. I remember going to see Great Uncle Bud in the hospital the night that he passed and I remember going to Mike and Joy's first son Michael's funeral wondering why everyone was so sad as they had never meet him.
16 - Relate your happiest memory as a youth. The times I got to go with Dad by myself. When I was by myself I got to go into the places with him otherwise if he had all us kids we had to wait in the car.
17 - How did you learn to swim? We all took private swimming lessons with Jenny (Shane) Strake.
18 - Where did you go swimming? The Atkinson Pool
19 - Tell a favorite memory of you father. Driving and delivering sandwiches were always fun trips. Any time I got to go with him myself.
20 - Tell about some good advice your father gave you. You can do anything and be anything as long as you study hard and get a good education.
No comments:
Post a Comment