Monday May 24th Rachel had Piano in the morning then we came home and cut Cilantro and put weed barrier down in the garden. Tuesday the girls and Alec still did not feel the best so I took off for Kearney to watch Jaxson compete at State golf alone and gave them another day to feel better. It was a hot day but we had a great time following Jaxson around for his last 1st day of State golf.
| Cheering section for Day 1 |
| Dan, Katie, Clay, Lana, Ansley, Sandi, Kent, Pat, Nicky, Cindy, Jaidyn, Alec, Kami, Julie, and Bill Cheering Section Day 2 |
| "They are always watching!" |
| Becca, Ashlyn, Wanda, and Auntie J |
Saturday the guys got up and headed to Aaron's early to set up for branding over there. Us girls got up and packed up the camper and headed to Aaron and Liza's later in the morning. When we got to their house the kids opened their birthday gifts from Aaron and Liza. Liza always just gives all the kids gifts branding weekend. After gifts and lunch we took all the kids out to the corral and they all got to help brand Aaron's heifer's calves. The girls did a good job, Becca likes helping and Rachel decided that she still prefers to help with the food.
| Kelcee, Alec, Tucker, Hazel, Becca and Rachel |
Sunday we got up and had Aaron's big branding. Rachel and I stayed to help Liza with food while Becca and Alec went out to help Mike. We stayed the night again and headed home on Monday.
| Becca and Hazel enjoying lunch |
| 3 days of branding is hard work for a little Cowboy |
May
24 - Did you have homework? In country school I would have lots of homework. I would walk around the room and talk to everyone during the day then I would have to take all my work home to do. Mom would make me sit at the table and do my homework in the afternoon's after school before I could do anything else. In high school I worked hard during the day so I didn't have as much homework.
25 - Describe a very proud moment in your childhood. Having my High School graduation with Christopher Kohle's kindergarten graduation. I started babysitting for the Kohle kids when I was 9 and Kelly was a baby. When Chris was born a couple years later in May I spent most of that summer babysitting and living with them.
26 - Tell about Memorial Day traditions during your youth. We didn't have any. Since Mike and I have been together Memorial weekend is always a branding weekend.
27 - Shar a special memory of Memorial Day. I remember going to Springview one year with Grandma Tielke to put out flowers and another year putting out flowers at the cemetery with Great Grandma Davis and Grandma Kohle.
28 - Did you play a musical instrument? I started on Alto Sax and then moved to Tenor Saxophone.
29 - Tell of the closest friend you had during your childhood. Ann Gotschall, we met playing softball. I loved going to their house to help milk cows and her mom always made blueberry pancakes.
30 -Is there anything you have now that you have kept from your childhood? The blanket that Great Grandma Sloane made for me. My confirmation blanket from Aunt Patsy. A Winnie the Pooh book from Great Grandma Davis
No comments:
Post a Comment