Monday May 31st we packed up at Aaron and Liza's and headed home. Mike took Rachel and Alec with him to head out south to clean out tanks while Becca stayed home with me to help pick up the yard while I mowed. After mowing the yard I also mowed the ditches out front to clean up the front of the house. Tuesday morning I had a much needed massage then ran some errands around town while the kids stayed home and enjoyed a relaxing morning. That afternoon I put some salmon on the grill to smoke and we enjoyed playing outside and watering the yard.
Wednesday Rachel had to help with a basketball camp at school. We picked up Brianna and went to the library at the school to get new books. Then the kids wanted to go to the North Platte library so we headed to town, explored the library, and picked up food for lunch. That afternoon the kids played until it was time to pick up Rachel and drop off Bri. After Mike got off work at 5:30 Alec and I meet him at the golf course for a quick round and dinner.
Thursday we planted the garden in the morning then I mowed the yard. After work Mike took Alec and Becca with him to the Simon to Fix Fence. I had to go to school for a meeting for our Florida trip and a meeting for the School Bond. Friday I ran to Walmart and ran some errands in the morning. After Mike finished with surgery Mike, Becca, Alec, and I ran to Ogallala to look at a camper that I had found online. After checking out the camper we went into Ogallala for lunch before coming home and making a offer on the camper. Mike and I then ran to Menard's for a few things before coming home for the evening. Saturday morning I ran Mike to town to golf in a fundraiser golf tournament and then came home and worked in the garden and filled the tank for the kids to swim in. Alec then had a birthday party at his classmate's Ava's house for the afternoon. While he was at the birthday party the girls and I went to get pedicures. That evening Aaron and Ashlynn came down to stay so that they could get up early the next morning and work on the Simon.
Sunday Mike, Alec, Aaron, and Ashyln went to the Simon to put in a new gate and do some fencing. Rachel, Becca, and I went to church and to lunch then Jen, Jensyn, and Delcey came out to the house to play. That evening when Mike and Alec got done working we headed to Ogallala and picked up the new camper.
May
31 - Do you have any good bath time stories? When I had chicken pox Gr. Kohle put oatmeal in a stocking to help with the itching. It almost made me sick to look at but it felt so good. We also loved taking "baths" in the shower at Gr. Kohle's. There was maybe an inch of water in the bottom but it was our favorite way to get clean.
June
1 - Tell about a strange person that lived in your town. We lived in the country so I don't remember any strange people in town.
2 - What was the funniest name or nickname in your town? When I was little someone took some of the letter off the high school sign so it said "Wet Hot High Cool".
3 - Did you ever sleep under the stars? We use to try to sleep outside with Patsy at Gr. and Gr. Kohle's, but always ended up going into the house to bed.
4 - Tell about hot dog or marshmallow roasting. We did do this much as kids but now we do it every 4th of July at granny's cabin and we do it often around our firepit here at our house. I like my hot dogs burnt and my marshmallow's just brown and a little melted.
5 - Did you ever go on a camp out? Tell about it. I went camping a couple of times my junior and senior year of high school with my boyfriend and his family. We would go to Long Pine, Nebraska.
6 - Did you ever go on a snipe hunt? Nope. But I have been in the car when other people have!
No comments:
Post a Comment