Saturday, February 5, 2022

May 10 - May 16

   Monday May 10th I took the kids to school and then stayed to sub for the 1st grade Para from 8-12 the subbed for the 1st grade teacher 12-3:30. After school I had a Teammates meeting and then ran to town and went to the prayer service for Bill Edelman's dad. Mike and I then went to dinner before coming home and burning off my new smoker so I could smoke some meat on Tuesday.

    Tuesday I took the kids to school then came home and started meat on the smoker. I then ran to town for the funeral before going to Walmart and coming home. After school Elly and Cloe came over to watch Becca and Alec while I ran Rachel to piano. While they were all playing outside Becca stepped on a roofing nail and it went pretty deep in her foot. The girls did a great job taking care of her until I could make it home. We got Becca calmed down and the nail removed and her foot soaking before eating dinner. 

    Wednesday I took the kids to school then came home to wait on the service guy for our washer. It needs new parts but he said I could use it until the parts came in. I then went to school and meet with Emma before subbing for guidance from 11:30-3:30. Thursday I had a hair appointment and decided to cut about 3-4 inches off. I then went to the school to sub again for guidance. I had both Alec and Becca that afternoon and they were both surprised by my hair as I didn't tell anyone I was cutting it. We had leftovers for supper that night and also got a half inch of rain and a little bit of hail.


   Friday I took the kids to school then stayed to help with the AR party. Each year the kids are challenged to read so many points (each book is worth different amount of points). If they make their end of the year goal they get to do something fun at the end. This year every student that made their goal got to help tape the principal Mr. Thompsen to the wall. After AR day we went out side and had the Elementary Fun Day. The kids always enjoy this day of trying out some of the track stuff and just having fun with their class. It was crazy to see Rachel's class doing all of these things for the last time. After school we went downtown and to the park to plant flowers for Teammates. That night Pat, Wanda, Sean, and Aaron came to town to stay so that they could work on a windmill and set a new tank.











  Saturday we got up and had a big breakfast with Aaron and Sean. Then Mike had to go into work and the kids and I headed to Kearney for Kyan Nickel's graduation party. It was fun to see her again and Andi and Bill were surprised to see us. On the way we stopped in Gothenburg and picked up Ansley and Nicky and Kinley came to Kearney after a track meet. While in Kearney we also went to the Big Apple and to the Hibachi grill.






   Sunday we went to church then came home for Hamburger's before going back to town for a concert at the church. Kate Raatz's dad is a Christian singer and piano player. I had called him months ago about having a concert for the kids. This was the weekend that they picked as they stopped on the way to Sydney for Justin to work. The kids had a great time with John. It was not the turn out we had hoped for but Father was very impressed and the kids that were there had a great time. After the concert we went out for ice cream before coming home and getting everyone to bed early.


May
10 - Name some popular hit songs from your youth. Fancy - Reba McIntyre, Fishing in the Dark - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, I also had a cassette tape of Debbie Gibbson music.
11 - What was your favorite singing group or band? NKOTB (New Kids On The Block) thanks to Jenny Cleary and her friends.
12 - Tell a favorite singer and a song that he/she sang? Garth Brooks - Friends in Low Places, The Dance, Red Strokes, Standing Outside the Fire
13 - What kind of dances did you do as a youth? No actual dances learned but we attended a lot of wedding dances and JR High dances. 
14 - Tell about the first dance you ever went to. The first dance I went to without parents would have been a Jr High dance as a 7th grader. But we went to a lot of wedding dances growing up in Stuart at the Legion Hall. I also remember going to an anniversary dance at the old Fertilizer place in Stuart and learning the Chicken Dance.
15 - Tell about your high school prom or formal dance. We had a Homecoming dance each year that we dressed casual for. Then we also had Prom each year that was more formal. Freshman and Sophomore's could only go if invited. I was invited my Freshman year by a Senior boy and then my Sophomore year by another Sophomore that was serving for the prom. Prom was always fun but Post Prom at the community center was always a blast.
16 - Describe your military experience or that of someone in your  family. We actually have no one on either side of our family that went to the military. My high school boyfriend from Junior through  College went to Basic Training for the National Guard the day after graduation. I then went to Georgia for his graduation with his mom when I was in college. Grandma Beth Tielke also started Nebraska Troop Support and packed and sent boxes to the troops each month. She loved sending the boxes and supporting all the kids and service men and women that were over seas.

No comments:

Post a Comment