Saturday, February 12, 2022

May 17 - May 23

   Monday May 17th I had to run Rachel to the school early as they left at 6:45 to go to Hastings and Grand Island for their 6th Grade field trip. They went to the Imax and museum in Hastings before going to the trampoline park in Grand Island. Becca also went on her field trip to Ogallala to see the power plant at Lake McConahay. Alec just had a normal school day and I was home working on house work. Tuesday the kids had a normal day of school and I worked in the house in the morning then mowed in the afternoon before picking up kids and taking Rachel to Piano. 

    Wednesday was the last day of school for the kids. It was also Rachel's last day of elementary. The kids were ready for school to be over but always miss their teachers and friends over the summer. After school got out at 11:30 we went to town for lunch and ice cream before coming home to just hangout.










Ms. Kennedy 6th Grade

Mrs. Wilson 1st Grade

Mrs. Ransdell 3rd Grade

The first day of elementary to the last

Last Recess in 6th Grade

Last Day of Elementary

Teacher Walk on the last day



   Thursday was a rainy day so the kids slept in and were lazy. I ran to town and ran some errands before coming home to clean house. Friday I went to town and Lisa and I made shirts for State Golf. Becca was not feeling well and had a temp of 101 and a sore throat. That night we all went out to the shop and played games after cleaning up the game room.



   Saturday Mike, Alec and I went to the Campbell to fix fence, fill in the cistern hole, and bank the tanks. That evening Mike and I went to Trisha and Matt's for a drink before going to town for Mark Luttrel's surprise birthday party. After dinner and a few drinks we came home. 


    Sunday Mike, Becca, and Alec went back to the Campbell to fence some more while Rachel and I went to church. Becca was still not feeling the best so I kept her out of church and sent her to get some fresh air. After church Rachel and I stopped at Walmart and grabbed some lunch to take to the fencing crew. That evening Mike and I attended a shower for Lisa and Dylan at Pals. While we were at Pals the kids called to tell me that the greenhouse blew over. Needless to say they did a great job saving all the plants we just had mystery plants in our garden!

May

17 - Share a memory involving a war during your childhood or youth. I remember Grandpa Kohle telling us that his brother Fritz had a purple heart from war. I always thought that he had a real purple heart. I also remember being in country school when Gulf Storm started and writing a letter to mom and dad's friend Jeff that we in the army. 

18 - Share another memory involving a war. I had come high school classmates get deployed after 9/11. Justin Monahan - Navy, Ben Reynoldson, Jason Winer, Janel Simons - all went for Army National Guard. When 9/11 happened I was in college just getting ready to go to class. I had the TV on watching the morning show when they came on and showed the 1st tower burning and I watched as the plane hit the second tower and they both collapsed. Then they showed the pentagon. I didn't even know what was going on but all I could think about was that I had to find my roommate Jen as her dad worked for the CIA and I had to find out what was going on. We spent the rest of the day between classes as the rest of the world did, trying to figure out what was going on. 

19 - Tell your all-time favorites:

    Food - Grilled Hamburger with Tatar Tots

    Book - Seabiscuit

    Movie - Day of Thunder

20 - Tell about your graduation exercises or traditions. We had an 8th Grade graduation in O'Neill with all the other 8th grade country school kids. High School Graduation was on Sunday of Mother's Day Weekend. 

21 - What year did you graduate from high School? 1999

22 - How many students were in your graduating class? 54

23 - How many students attended your high school? Around 200


No comments:

Post a Comment