Monday August 9th we packed up our RV and Kate and Justin's car to head to Wisconsin. The guys and the kids all got in the RV and Kate and I had a peaceful drive in her car. We stopped for gas and lunch on the way then made it to the KOA at the Dells. The place was very nice but small. The kids changed and went to the little water park while we unpacked and set up camp. We then went into town and did a Ride The Duck tour and drove some go carts. Then it was back for the first night with 9 in our camper. Everyone slept well and we had a great first night.
Day 2 at the dells was breakfast at the campsite then a full day at Mt. Olympus the amusement and water park. We spent most the morning splitting up and riding rides. Lots of go carts for Justin, Hanna, Dutch, Alec, Becca, and I and lots of roller coasters for Rachel, Kate, and Mike. Then after lunch we went to the water side and had fun relaxing and taking in the slides. Late afternoon a storm came through so they closed the park and we headed back to the camper. It rained the rest of the evening so we watched a movie in the camper. Then it was early bed as the guys were taking the boys golfing at 6:30 am.
Wednesday morning the guys and boys got in 9 holes of golf before the rain returned. Kate and I took the girls shopping downtown. Kate then picked up the guys and we ate lunch downtown before going to Magic Quest (this was a building that had all kinds of clues that you had to follow to free a wizard) and Ripley's Believe it or Not. That evening we just hung out at the camp and organized stuff to leave the next day.
Thursday we had breakfast then packed up and the Simonson crew headed for Sioux Falls and the Raatz crew headed back to Clear Lake. Another great vacation in the books. We traveled through 3 states that day and made it to Sioux Falls without any trouble. We checked into our hotel and unloaded a few things and were ready to watch a show and go to bed early. After sleeping in the camper for 6 days it was nice to be back in a real bed.
Friday morning Mike went golfing with some of the Kohle family while the kids and I went to the zoo with Tim, Laurie, Tera, Taylor, and kids. We had a great time on a sunny day. We then went to lunch at Texas Roadhouse and hung out at the hotel waiting for more family to arrive. That night after rehearsal we joined the party at the bar next to the hotel for drinks and conversation. The kids were still tired and stayed at the hotel and played with cousins.
Saturday was wedding day for Dylan and Paige. I spend the day helping Debbie and Derric get to pictures and back and forth to the venue. Mike spent the day with the kids and family. It was a beautiful day and wedding. I sat with Patsy during the ceremony to help her video.
Sunday we slept in a little then it was packing everything back into the RV and heading home. Mike road to O'Neill with Aaron and Sandi and the kids rode with me. We had a fun trip back and stopped quick to see Katie's house since they were finally moved in. Then it was back in the RV for the ride home. We unpacked a little when we got home but it was already 6pm and the kids had their first day of school the next day so we just got ready for bed and enjoyed being home and in our beds after our 10 day vacation!
August
9 - What was your best talent? Knowing things that most girls didn't. I loved to help dad outside so I could change a tire, drive a tractor, feed cows, and pull a calf. When mom and dad had to be gone for a conference I could keep the farm running without help.
10 - Tell about a time when you got lost. I don't remember ever really getting lost. I was with Deb and Derric in KC one summer and we got lost in a scary part of town!
11 - Did you ever play in the sprinkler or hose? All of the time. We would even strip down and play in our under ware at Grandma and Grandpa Kohle's.
12 - Tell about being stung by a bee or wasp. I have never been stung
13 - Did you have any favorite family songs that you sang together? Bye Baby Bunting (Mom always sand or hummed this to babies and so did I. Mom also sang and taught us lots of nursery rhymes.) Grandpa Kohle loved the song "I'm in a Hurry (and Don't know why)"
14 - Tell about your bedroom. I shared a room with Sandi and Katie until we finished the basement. Then I had room downstairs with blue carpet and white wall paper.
15 - Share a memory of staying overnight with a friend. When I was in Jr High I loved to go out and stay with Ann Gotschall. We would milk cows a couple times a day and her mom always made blueberry pancakes.
No comments:
Post a Comment