Monday July 19th I began painting the kitchen, living room, hallway, and stairs. I had the house painted after I had Becca and it was in need of new paint. I painted the wall in the kitchen one color and the rest of the house the same grey color. So I spent Monday and Tuesday both painting. Mike was able to help with the super high area's after work and Becca and Alec just stayed out of my way and let me paint. They did help with removal of outlets and the stair rail.
Wednesday we cleaned up the house and I worked on laundry. That afternoon I took the kids swimming at River's edge since they were so patient with me while I painted. After swimming we came home and they played outside while I mowed the yard.
Thursday we worked on cleaning and packing the camper for the weekend. Then I went to town and ran some errands before coming home to pack clothes. Friday we stayed in town until Mike got off work and then Becca and I headed to Stuart. Alec was so excited to spend the weekend with his dad. They golfed, went to an auction, and checked and doctored a steer in the Simon. Becca and I enjoyed our quiet ride to Stuart where we set up the camper and got everything ready for Dylan and Paige's couple shower. Saturday it was very hot and we were very thankful for the tent in the back lot. We enjoyed "showering" the couple and visiting with family. Sunday Rachel and I came home with Becca stayed with Mom and Dad. Sunday evening Becky, Jameson, Kole, Tereasa, Schulyer, Gavvyn, and Peyton came to stay before the Jr Ambassador Golf Tournament.
| Becca loving on Statler |
Sunday when we got back to town we went to Jake and Stephanie's for a baby shower for Jess and Jeff (Mike's PA at the time). The kids had fun playing and we had a great afternoon visiting until our company arrived.
July
19 - What was your favorite holiday of the year? Christmas
20 - Share a birthday party memory. Ann Gotschall came over for a sleepover when I turned 13
21 - Tell about the neatest shoes you ever owned as a youth. I got a pair of pump basketball shoes from Jenny Cleary when I was in Jr High and loved them.
22 - Share a memory about a power outage. When the power would go out Mom would make us clean the basement and we didn't have any water to drink or flush with.
23 - Relate a memory involving a flood or cloudburst. We went to Kearney and we were at the Big Apple with Cindy and Kent when there was a huge flood in Kearney. Cindy and Kent lived at the top of the hill so their house was fine but we had to drive through the flooded streets on the way home. The next day we went to see a friend of Cindy and Kent's that no longer had a basement wall due to flooding.
24 - Relate a memory of a tornado, hurricane, or destructive wind. There was a tornado that knocked out power one summer. 1/2 of the Maple tree was taken out and part of it fell on the corner of the house. It also uprooted another tree in the yard and one of our apple trees. It was very hot, mom was at work, and dad was home with us. Nicky and I woke up and sat in the living room by candle light while Dad went out to see the damage and help mom get home. The 3 little girls stayed sleeping through it all.
25 - What memories do you have of lighting or thunder during your childhood? We loved to count the seconds between lightening to thunder to see how far away the storms were. Mom would tell us that the thunder was the angels bowling!
No comments:
Post a Comment