Friday, March 8, 2019

February 11 - February 17

  Monday the school called a late start to do ice and blowing snow. Alec still had school so we got ready and the we took Alec to school, just when we got to school Hershey called off school for the day.  The girls were so excited to spend the morning with me without Alec. We went to Michelle's house and had coffee with her for her birthday and the girls played with Ashylnn. We then picked up Alec and went to Qudoba for lunch before coming home and working on Valentine's.
  Tuesday the kids all had school and I went to walmart. Along with getting all the groceries we need after being gone a week I also picked up an air fryer. I was on the fence about this particular kitchen appliance forever. How often would I use it?  Is it really worth the money? The answer is not only yes but why did I wait so long. We use it a couple times a week! We love tater tots and homemade french fries, it works great to rewarm chicken, and makes the crunchiest popcorn shrimp ever! We picked up the girls from school and Elly and took Rachel to her dentist appointment. Rachel has been doing well with wearing her mouth piece and was able to get the next stage one. This one is a little more rigid and has started moving her teeth a little as her mouth has been more sore. We came home and had grilled pork chops. air fried french fries, and peas for supper.
   Wednesday the kids had school. After school I picked up Alec and we went to Grandma Priest's for lunch. Grandma loves KFC chicken pot pie so I picked some of those up for lunch and popcorn chicken for Alec. We came home after lunch and played outside. Alec was so excited to get his baseball and bases out and play. I pitched to him for awhile and then he played by himself. The girls had CCD and got a ride home with Josh. Mike and I had our quarterly investment call and then I grilled salmon for dinner.


Helping Make Valentine's Day muffins
   Thursday was Valentine's Day. The kids were all up early and excited to get to school for their Valentine's day parties. Alec and I made heart shaped blueberry and strawberry muffins for breakfast. We also make rice krispie treats for his class. He helped decorate them and thought that his friends would like them better with fruity marshmallows mixed in and lots and lots of sprinkles. After picking Alec up from school we headed to Hershey to make drinks for Rachel's class party. We made her class Shirley Temple's. They all loved them and Alec was a huge help.  We then stayed and watched part of a movie and had snacks with Rachel's class. We then came home and had lasagna for supper!







    Friday the girls had a late start due to overnight snow. After taking them to school we went to Michelle's for a play date. Alec had so much fun playing with all the kids and I enjoyed having some adult conversations. We then came home for the afternoon. Rachel had basketball practice from 6-8 and I dropped Becca off with Trisha to go to town for Braislee's birthday party. Alec and I picked Rachel and Demi up around 7:30 and headed to town for the end of the party. Becca had a great time bowling and the older girls and Alec enjoyed playing a few games before we took Demi home and came home. 
Playing with their balloons before school.

     Saturday we stayed home and cleaned the house in the morning. It was cold and snowy out and Mike was on call so I did some computer work and laundry and the kids played. Rachel went to town that evening with Demi and her family to play games at Wild Bills and eat supper. She then spent the night with Demi. Sunday we went to church and the took lunch to Grandma Priests. The kids and I then picked up Rachel and Demi and we attended the Wizard of Oz play the North Platte Fox Theater. We love going to the plays in town. Alec still gets a little tired of sitting by the end, but the girls love them. After the play we took Rachel and Demi back to Demi's house so the girls could practice some basketball. We then came home and watched a movie before everyone went to bed. 








Joise, Becca, and Karlee waiting for the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment