I am getting so close to finally being caught up! When I started this catch up process I was almost 9 months behind. I am going to try very hard to keep up better this year but we all know things happen and as much as I love this blog and what it means to me it is not always my top priority. I keep my calendar going on my desk and keep taking pictures so eventually I will always get back here!
Monday February 25th the kids all had school and I stopped and had some coffee with Lisa before going to Walmart. After Alec got done with school we came home and I worked on the computer and did some laundry while he played. That day we also learned about "MoMo" and how she was taking over YouTube and you tube kids so I decided that the kids needed to take a break from these two apps on the iPad for awhile. Becca was extremely scared of the pictures and talk of MoMo as she had seen part of a video at one point with it. Overall the whole thing is trying to scare kids and get them to have an app that asks for their phone number and then sends text about suicide. The kids are not allowed to add apps to our iPad so I was not worried about that it just was very eye opening about how fast something can spread over the internet and how fast things spread through a school. We had some very good conversations about GOD and how he protects us but how the devil is always trying to get it. We also talked about how fast things can spread through a school and town because of social media and story telling. The kids are growing up in a world were everyone had phones at younger and younger ages and we are not sure when we will be allowing out kids to have these but for now they have no need for them. Yes their friends have them and are using snap-chat and other apps to talk outside of school but is it helpful or hurtful, I am not sure. So for right now the kids are taking a break from the iPad unless they are playing games or watching Netflix. It has been a good week with more board games and toys!
 |
| Snuggling Jessie before school |
Tuesday the kids had school and I went to visit Grandma Priest. She was doing good and still had enough groceries to get her through the week. After Alec got done with school we came home and I worked on the blog and laundry. We had spaghetti for supper that night and enjoyed reading together before bed.
 |
| This is what my house looks like without iPad. |
Wednesday the kids had school and after Alec got done we picked up lunch and enjoyed lunch with Mike in his new office. He still is getting things put together but they are ordering him new furniture so he is only kind of putting things away at this point. That afternoon we came home and cleaned the house and played. That night we had chicken Tortilla Casserole in the insta-pot. It turned out pretty good, next time I will use less tortillas but overall the flavor was great. Thursday the kids had school and I drove for Alec's class field trip. We went to Domino's so they could see how pizza was made. When we got their they were not expecting us so after some confusion they finally were able to show the kids the steps of making a pizza and even sent to pizza back to the class for them to eat. After Alec was done with class we went to Grandma Priest's to see Dana, Sammy, Colton, Auntie J, and to meet Jaxson. Alec was a little scared to hold Jax because of all the chords but he finally did and loved him. That afternoon we picked up the girls and Elly and came home to play until Elly had dance. The kids didn't have school on Friday so we had a movie night on Thursday.
 |
| Alec's Class |
 |
| Alec, Colton, and Jax |
Friday the kids didn't have school and Alec had his one year hearing test. Becca went to play at The Weisen's and Rachel went to Elly's. Alec did so good at his testing he was done in about 20 minutes. He still has hearing loss in his right ear but it is unchanged from last year so they are just going to let the teachers at school know, retest him in a year, and just see how his academics are going before setting up any further precautions at school.
 |
| Alec picked McDonald's for lunch after testing |
 |
| Grace and Becca playing dress up |
 |
| Claire, Grace and Becca having snack |
 |
| Ellie and Becca |
 |
| More Dress up |
Mike picked Becca up on his way home as she was not ready to come home when Alec and I were done in town. Nick, Tucker, Kelcee, Hazel, and Wanda came to the house that evening. We enjoyed steaks for supper and then Matt brought Rachel home and Elly wanted to stay the night. Matt ended up staying and playing cards and pool most the night. I think the guys finally came in the house around 4am. Saturday we woke up to more snow and just spent the day playing with the kids. I went to church that evening and Wanda ended up staying here Saturday night because the roads were not very good.
 |
| Kelcee and Becca playing dress up |
 |
| Playing in the Snow |
 |
| Bubble bath time |
 |
| Movie Night |
Sunday Nick and the kids took off for home and Wanda went to town to stay with Grandma Priest. We just enjoyed being home, reading books, doing homework and hanging out. It was a cold day with the high being 8 with a wind chill of -2. The overnight temperature was -21 real temp and -37 wind chill.
No comments:
Post a Comment