Monday January 28th all three kids where home sick. Rachel had a temp of 103 Sunday afternoon and was still coughing so I kept her home again Monday. Of course this is all happening when I am trying to get everything organized to be gone for 10 days on vacation. I will take the fever and cough with all three any day over the stomach flu. I did not end up taking them in to get tested but I'm pretty sure they all had Influenza A as they had the same symptoms that all the kids that got tested had and it went through Hershey school like wild fire. So Monday I worked on laundry and Lysol the whole house. Tuesday I sent Rachel back to school but she was still not feeling up to playing basketball so she come home right after school. I had a hair appointment and since I still had two kids with fevers Lisa just came out here and watched the kids. I ran some errands after getting my hair done and came home and made chicken noodle soup for supper!
 |
| So Much Goodness |
Wednesday Rachel and Becca were both back at school. I worked on laundry and packed the kids bags. Alec needed one bag to go to mom and dads and the girls need 2 bags. One to go to Lisa's for the weekend and then one to go to Trisha's for Tuesday night through Thursday. I picked the girls up from school Wednesday as they cancelled CCD due to all the illness. Jessie was starting to come into heat and could not get away from Roger so she just napped and sat in my planter on the deck. She was in heat when Pat and Wanda were here Sunday through Tuesday so we are hoping she will have puppies come April.


Wednesday they also had the monthly AR party at school and Becca was awarded her 100 pt dog tag. She was so happy to get it. My kids love meeting their reading goals and getting their dog tags. Becca now has 2 dog tags for 50 and 100. Rachel has 5 50, 100, 150, 200 and 250. They get points by reading books and taking test on them at school. Each book is worth different amounts of points depending on the reading level. Most of Becca's books have been 0.5 pt books until recently she has been reading chapter books that are worth 1 pt each. Rachel is reading books worth anywhere from 5-20 pts.

Thursday all the kids were finally back in school and I went and got my nails done for our trip. I also ran to the bank for cash and to the eye Dr and got new sunglasses. I have never bought expensive sunglasses and finally decided it was time I had some. I then came home and made meatballs to take to school for the teachers for Parent Teacher night. We picked up the girls and Elly and Bree. The kids had a great time playing outside on the 60 degree day. I then went to Parent Teacher conferences that night. Mike got caught up at the hospital so he was not able to go. Both girls teachers had very good things to say about the girls. They are both doing really well in school and will both be going on to the next grade. Rachel is staying out of the girl drama for now and Becca loves to be the helper at school.
 |
| Beautiful Day of Popsicle's |
Friday morning I woke up not feeling the best but had a big day ahead. Mike loaded the pickup before we left that morning and we all dropped Rachel and Becca off at Lisa's before taking Mike to work. There were so tears that morning as we dropped off the girls and no one was home. Marty was taking Sam to school and Lisa was at cheer practice. By the time Lisa got home the girls were fine and then she served them ice cream for breakfast, because when you stay with Lisa that is what you get! Alec and I then dropped Mike off and headed to meet dad. We ended up meeting him by Broken Bow. Alec was so excited to go spend the week with mom and dad he barely told me goodbye. He knows that going on a road trip with Grandpa Bill means stopping for ice cream on the way. He said he was good and only had to tell Grandpa one thing. He told Grandpa that it is not safe to text and drive! After dropping off Alec I meet Mike in Lexington. Mike had a driver from the hospital take him to Cozad for clinic that morning and then drive him to Lexington so I didn't have to back track so far. Mike and I were on the road around 11. I drove to York where we stopped to eat and then had Mike drive as I was starting to feel worse. By the time we got to Des Monies I was really not feeling well. Kate had already scheduled spray tans for us so I get and did that and ate a little bit for supper and spent the rest of the night on Kate's couch freezing. My fever finally broke around midnight and I slept well until the alarm clock went off at 4 so we could make our flight.
No comments:
Post a Comment