January 1st was a Tuesday and we packed up at the ranch and headed home. When we got home we unpacked the camper for the winter and parked it out back. I'm hoping that the mice stay out but I guess we will find out in the spring! I walked on the treadmill while Mike and the kids played in the shop. I then went out and helped Rachel practice some basketball before we sat down for Movie night.
Wednesday Mike had to go back to work. Elly came over to play during the day and then the girls both went to Elly's for a sleepover. Alec and I enjoyed cuddling and watching a movie before bed. Thursday we went to town while the cleaning ladies cleaned the house. We had lunch at Qudoba before all going to the dentist. The kids and I are all cavity free for another 6 months. Rachel is doing good with her mouth guard and continues to see them once a month for new exercises. After all our errands in town I came home and made some chili then we all went outside and took down Christmas decorations since it was so nice. Friday we picked up the house and then took down all the Christmas decorations. Rachel went to Ella B's birthday party that evening at Wild Bills.
Saturday we were all up early so we decided to go to Denver to look at cars for Mike. We enjoyed stopping at Larry and Sherri's on the way and going to lunch with them at their favorite bar. We then continued on to Denver. By the time we got to Denver the car's Mike was planning to look at were either sold or the places closed early so we instead went and checked into a hotel and took the kids to Casa Bonita for supper. It is a Mexican diner that has performances every 15 minutes. They have high divers, a short skit and a musical number. The food is cafeteria style and the kids did not care for it. It really was okay food but we knew before we went that we were not going for the food. Cody, Laura, and Zia meet us for supper and then came to our hotel to swim. Tammy, Chris and Tierney also came to visit us at the hotel. Tierney loved putting her feet in the water. The kids had a great time swimming.
| Hanging out before dinner |
| Tierney loved the water |
| Breakfast before heading back home. |
No comments:
Post a Comment