This is it the blog post I have been waiting for! As of today I am up to date! The only down side is now I am going to have to get my tax stuff together as I no longer have this blog to take up my time! So I guess tomorrow will be tax day for me.
Monday the girls had a late start due to the bitter cold. It was -13 with a wind chill of -27 at 7am. Alec still had school at 9 so we took Alec to school and picked up Knox (a classmate of Becca's) and went through Starbucks on our way to Hershey. I owe Becca's teacher lots of coffee after taking her 2 kids full of sugar on a Monday with a late start! I then went back to North Platte and visited with Grandma Priest and Wanda while I waited for Alec to get out of school. Rachel decided to sign up for an after school running group called Girl On The Run. They meet on Monday and Wednesdays after school and run and talk about girl things. They will be ready to run a 5K by the middle to end of April. Mike is excited to finally have a running partner and I am also training so we can all run a 5K in April. Becca rode the bus home for the first time alone and loved it. She has some classmates that ride so she had no problem riding the bus without Rachel.
 |
| Alec wrote this note to the girls! |
Tuesday the kids had school. I donated blood at the school blood drive at 2:30. I have not taken the time to give blood lately and really need to get back into the habit as I have O+ blood so there is always a need. The blood drive was busy and we didn't get home until 4:30. Alec did so good hanging out with me and loved the helpers offering him food. The girls also enjoyed a cookie while they waited for me. Mike had a meeting that night and I get kind of light headed and lack energy after giving blood so I made a pizza for the kids and we enjoyed a movie before everyone went to bed. The kids thought it was a real treat to have a movie night during the week.
Wednesday was Ash Wednesday, I dropped the kids all off at school and then went to Holy Spirit for the all school Ash Wednesday service. Alec and I then came home and did house work until it was time to go to Hershey for the CCD Ash Wednesday service, where Rachel read the first reading. That night we had grilled Salmon for supper. Rachel was not feeling well after church and ended up getting sick that night around 10. Wednesday afternoon the neighbor called me and told me she had found some things on Elly's phone when she was going through it. She found the nicest notes the girls had made for each other. So glad they have each other and are so close.





Rachel was sick most the night Wednesday and woke up Thursday morning with spots on her face from getting sick. She spent most of Thursday in the chair as she just didn't feel good and was tired from being up most the night. I took Becca and Alec to school and then ran to Walmart to get a new coffee maker as mine decided to die the one morning I really needed coffee. I worked on the computer and made chicken noodle soup that afternoon while we waited for Becca to get home. Mike was home early so we ate dinner early and then enjoyed watching movies that night.

Friday the kids didn't have school due to spring break. I made them all go outside and play with the dogs that morning after breakfast. They had a good time and came in soaked and ready for hot cocoa. We then cleaned the house and spent the rest of the day playing and watching some TV. That evening Justin came over to watch the kids while I went to PALs for some drinks with friends and Mike was in the OR. Saturday Rachel had server training at Holy Spirit at 10. After training we went to Applebee's with Jen, Jensyn, and Delcy. Mike meet us for lunch before going back to the hospital for more surgeries. We then took the kids to the rec center to swim and play. We went to church at 5:15 and then came home and watch Maleficent.
 |
| Becca's first time off the diving board |
Sunday it was nice to be able to sleep in after day light saving time change! Grace came over to play after Alec, Becca, and I ran and picked up Lisa's dogs and dropped them off at their house. Rachel and Grace then had volleyball practice at 3 to get ready for a club tournament in April in Kearney. Delcey came home with Alec and I while Becca stayed to help with practice. Jen brought Rachel and Becca home when she picked up Delcey. We then had chicken wings and tater tots for supper before everyone showered and went to bed to read. Becca was so excited to finish her first 100+ page book, Dog Man!
 |
| They have so much fun together |
This was a long couple weeks for mom and dad and all the farmers and ranchers that are calving. With the bitter cold mom and dad struggled with keeping the calves ears warm. Dad and I did find some calf hoods to order and we are anxious to see how they worked with some modifications. We are also collecting pictures for Kohle Easter so I thought I would share some of the ones of our family.
 |
| Kami Baby |
 |
| Julie Baby |
 |
| Bill Baby |
 |
| Mike Baby |
I share so much about the kids I wanted to include these pictures for the book. I really want to get my baby pictures scanned into our computer and make a photo book like I have for the kids. I also plan to do that with our wedding pictures one of these days. I just need to get a little more organized and hopefully I can get them done before summer hits, if not there is always next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment