Wednesday, February 27, 2019

December 17 - December 23

   Monday December 17th we took the girls to school then I drove Alec and some of his classmate to the nursing home to deliver gift and sing their Christmas program songs. The people at the nursing home were so thankful and loved seeing and hearing all the kids sing. That afternoon I worked on some cookie pan wall hangings for our surprise Kohle Christmas gifts and wrapped up the pillows I had completed.







    Tuesday I took the kids to school then went to Walmart to finish my Christmas shopping and to get snacks and stuff for the weekend. That afternoon we came home and cleaned and worked on laundry. Rachel had her first Basketball game that evening. She did so go and there was so much improvement since last year. You can really tell that she has been practicing and working hard. She loves that game and I'm excited to see how much she grows with it each year.



   Wednesday we took the girls to school and then we had Alec's Christmas Program. Wanda came to town and Mike made it just in time to see Alec. Lisa sat in the chairs with me since Mike was not sure he would make it. We all got a good laugh out of Alec whispering to his friend, "My Dad is in the back!" We all know how quiet Alec's whisper is. We then went to lunch with Grandma Wanda and Lisa before coming home for the afternoon. The kids did not have CCD and I went to Pal's for a couple holiday drinks with Traci. Rachel stayed home with the kids for a little while until Mike got done with his meeting.
My Little Man

Alec and Grace all dressed up!

Alec's Preschool Class

All the 3 and 4 Day Preschoolers.

With Santa again.

Helping Grandma Priest fix her Calendar.
   Thursday the girls had school. Alec was officially done after his program yesterday for Christmas break. We did run to town and got the oil changed in the Yukon, washed it and vacuumed it out. We then ran a few more errands before coming home and finishing laundry and packing for the weekend. Friday we had planned to take the Yukon and stay with Sandi for the weekend but Sandi wasn't feeling well and found out she had Influenza A so at the last minute we changed our mind and decided to take the camper and stay at mom and dads. It was a scramble to get the camper ready and loaded but I finished just in time to go get the girls from school at 1:30. We came home and hit the road. The camper worked great for our trip. We ran into some wind south of Bassett that made driving a little tricky but we made it. We stopped in Stuart to say hi to everyone that was around and the headed out to Mom and Dads so I could make beds and get the camper set up before it got too late.
    Saturday we went to Stuart for Kohle Christmas. We always have such a great time as a family. This year we all got personalized magnetic Koozies and there were a lot of great $30 gifts to choose from. We ate too much food, laughed too hard and had a great day. We could all feel the missing piece of the family but I know Grandma enjoyed seeing us all together while she was having drinks with Grandpa and friends. Overall it was a great day!
The Kohle Great Grandkids that were at Christmas this year



Craft stuff from Cindy

Slippers from Patsy

These two have an amazing bond

Showing off her Slippers

Laurie, Patsy, Cindy, Julie, Jerry, Debbie, and Jim
   Sunday Sandi was feeling better but was still not sure if her kids were contagious so we went ahead and had baptism for Lexa but Mike stayed home with the kids. I went to Church with Mom and Dad and to baptism. Tola then took the older kids to play basketball while Mike stayed home. We missed Nicky and Clay as they took off for Disneyland with their kids and the Estill family. Sunday evening we made soups and just hung out at Mom and Dad's.
Lexa and I before Baptism



No comments:

Post a Comment