Saturday, December 28, 2019

August 13 - August 18

  Tuesday the Raatz family got up early and headed back to Des Moines. The kids and I stayed home and worked on cleaning the house and laundry. I also worked in the garden and mowed the lawn. That afternoon I ran out and checked the cows before coming home and helping the girls make fresh pico salsa.
Banana Bread

   Wednesday the Brunz kids came to play and we went to the Rec Center to swim. Cathy picked up the kids after she got off work and then we got ready and went to church. We went to Hershey on our way home and picked up Bree so she could have a sleepover with us before the kids headed back to school. Thursday we cleaned in the morning then met Mike for lunch at River's Edge before heading to the salon for hair cuts. The girls both decided to get their hair colored before the first day of school. After haircuts we had some snow cones with Lisa and the Rachel had Piano lessons. We then came home and picked up our back to school stuff and headed to Hershey for Back to School night. One of the kids favorite days of the year! Rachel went to Ella B's for a sleepover that night!



Before





After





Ready to start another school year!
   Friday Delcey came to play while Jen and Jensyn went to Omaha. We went to town and got donuts before going out south to check cows. We then spent the day playing. Rachel came home late afternoon and we all went to Pals and had drinks with Traci. Mike got back from the Mackey 2 day golf scramble at the dismal and met us at Pals. We then enjoyed the rest of the evening playing outside with the kids.
Working on his Kindergarten Packet

   Saturday morning I ran to town and picked up sweet corn. Rachel and Becca then stayed home to husk it while Mike, Alec and I went to check cows. Mike, Becca, and Alec then packed up and headed to the ranch while Rachel and I stayed home and put up corn before going to church so Rachel could serve. Rachel and I then enjoyed a nice dinner at Tempura and Ice Cream at Double Dips before coming home and watching a movie before heading to bed.


    Sunday Rachel and I enjoyed sleeping in then we picked  the garden, froze some green beans and got ready to go to Hershey. Rachel went to play at Jensyn's house while I worked at the school decorating for the first day with HELP Club. That night we all met at home and enjoyed our traditional Sunday night popcorn and a movie before the first week of school.




No comments:

Post a Comment