Sunday, December 29, 2019

September 3 - September 8

  Tuesday September 3rd, the kids headed back to school. I went out south and checked cows then came home and picked the garden and mowed the lawn. The car dealership then called and said that my new Expedition was in so I ran to town to do paperwork and pick up my new car. I love it! The kids were super excited that night and the first thing they noticed was the handles on the door! That evening Rachel had volleyball tryouts. She ended up not making the Hershey Black team so Jen Hampton and I ended up coaching Hershey Blue so that all the girls were able to play volleyball this season.
Garden went crazy while we were gone.

Just a few tomatoes!
   Wednesday I took the kids to school then made a quick trip to Walmart before coming home to can pickles and grill tomatoes for canning. I then went to school to pick up the kids and we came home to study and play before heading back to Hershey for the back to school mass and pot luck at church. Thursday I took the kids to school then went to town and sat with Grandma Priest while Auntie J had a CT scan. Janice has stage 4 breast cancer. She is taking some chemo pills and just trying to keep the pain tolerable so she can continue in this lift as long as GOD had plans for her to be here. After the CT scan I came home and canned chili base with all the tomatoes I had picked. I then went to school and picked up the kids and we headed to Piano. After piano we went to Double Dips for ice cream. Something we do each and every Thursday no matter what! Wanda and Pat, Auntie J, Grandma Priest, and Dana and kids all meet us for ice cream as well.
   Friday the kids had school and I had my very first Walmart pickup! It was amazing and I should do it more often. I then went to school and had lunch with the kids before meeting with Jen Hampton to do some training so I can be a TEAMMATES mentor. After the training I was able to meet my mentee, her name is Emma and she is in the 8th grade. I will now be her mentor until she graduates high school. After school we had volleyball practice. Becca went home with Bree after school and Hampton's came over to play after practice. Demi also came over to play until dark. I had to run to town that night to take Janice for a brain MRI.
Rachel with her 2 million word certificate

The summer dog tag students.

Rachel receiving her 500 dog tag!
   Saturday Rachel and I  went to town early and helped Michelle get ready for Shawn's surprise birthday party. We then went to the park and watched Jensyn cheer before coming home to get Mike, Becca, and Alec. We all then went to town for Shawn's surprise birthday party and the Nebraska football game. That night Ella Thompson came to stay the night with Rachel. Sunday we went to church and then Art in the Park. Rachel and I had volleyball practice that afternoon and then Mike had movie night with the kids while I went to PAL's for some girls night drinks. 



No comments:

Post a Comment