Wednesday, March 18, 2020

November 25 - December 1

   As I sit down to write again we are trying to figure out our new routines and schedules. The kids were released from school on Monday for at least 2 weeks. The pandemic known as the Covid -19 is still making its way to central US. Last night we had our first case in North Platte. I will write more about this when I get caught up with the blog, which should be easier to do now that we are home all the time and all activities have been cancelled.
   Monday November 25th I subbed at the school and got to enjoy recess with both Becca and Alec. When we got home from school we brought in all the Christmas stuff and finished up the outside decorations in preparation for the winter storm that was headed our way. Rachel had basketball that evening from 6:3-0-8:30. By the time she got home from basketball they had called off school for the next day! Tuesday was a Snow Day! We put up Christmas stuff, Elly came over to play, and we just enjoyed the day together.





    Wednesday the kids were already off school for Thanksgiving break so Mike went to work for awhile and we waited for the roads to clear before packing up and heading to Omaha. We stayed the night with Kristi and Tola and enjoyed visiting, playing, and hanging out with Mom, Dad, Katie, and kids. Thursday we got up and headed to Mahoney State park to have Tielke Thanksgiving. Mike and I stayed the night while Mom and Kristi took the kids back to Omaha to stay. Friday Mike and I went to Lincoln to the football game. It was a cold and rainy game but thanks to our bank in North Platte we were offered sky box seats and enjoyed the view and warmth for the game.
Becca and Jolie Hoefer


Avery and Rachel. Can you tell they are related?











    The kids had so much fun at lake Mahoney. From ice skating, to rock climbing, to snuggling babies. We had a great time seeing family, meeting new little ones, and having a weekend away. Friday night after the game we went back to Omaha to stay at Kristi's and pick up the kids. Saturday we got up and had breakfast then headed home. We stopped in Kearney for some lunch and then stopped in North Platte and picked up a new washer and dryer as my washing machine broke on Tuesday. That night we enjoyed watching a movie together.
    Sunday we went to church and then to lunch. I then had to go to the school and help decorate for Christmas. Jen and I then went to the church to set up our sets for the Christmas Pageant practice. Mike and the kids watched a movie that evening while I worked on and ordered the Kohle Family Calendars.

No comments:

Post a Comment