Monday, March 23, 2020

The Start of 2020

   Here I am still at home, still adhering to the social distancing that the country is supposed to be observing, writing about the start of 2020. If some one would have told me 82 days ago we would be be one week into a who knows how long quarantine because of a virus I would have told them they were crazy.  But here we are making the best of our time. So lets try to get caught up in the next couple of weeks!
   January 1st was a Wednesday. Rachel spent the night with Elly after their new years eve party. I went over and picked her up around 10 so she could come home and shower and get ready to go with Jen and Jensyn to Grant to Jen's parents house. Delcey came to spend the day with us. We went to town and went bowling with a bunch of Mike's co-workers. Delcey then decided to spend the night with us so Rachel spent the night with Jensyn. We watched a movie that night and the kids were ready for bed early after the late night the night before.
   Thursday my cleaning ladies came to clean so we took Delcey home and picked up Rachel. We then came home for awhile before taking Rachel to town for her Dermatology appointment. We then went to get ice cream and visited Grandma Priest. Rachel went to Demi's that evening to practice basketball since they couldn't get into the school gym. Friday we stayed home in the morning and worked on house work and laundry, then went swimming at the rec center with friends at 1. Rachel went with Ella B to Kearney to skate for Ella's birthday and then stayed the night. The little ones and I came home, and Mike was on call.
   Saturday I went to town and grabbed my Walmart pick up then came home to cook. All the Simonson's came to town to celebrate Christmas since we were unable to get to the ranch last weekend and Mike was on call. Rachel had to serve at Church at 5:15 and I was feeling just fine until we left for church. The longer I was in church the worse I felt. I ended up having to leave church early and then came home quickly cooked everyone steaks, made it through the kids opening gifts, and then went to bed.
Becca and Alec trying out some face masks.

Simonson Grandkids



   Sunday I was feeling a little better but not the best, I stayed in bed until Nick and Melissa left so that I didn't get any of them sick. Mike was able to stay home until they left and then just went in to round. I spent most of the day resting. Mike was able to take the kids and pick them up from open gym after he got back from rounding so that helped. I felt bad I was sick while everyone was here but was happy it only lasted about 24 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment