Sunday, April 5, 2020

March 1 - March 8 Barbados

   We actually got to Barbados on Saturday February 29th in the afternoon but I am starting this with March 1st sorry. We actually met up with Kate and Justin in the airport in Miami and flew with them to Barbados. It was a short bus ride to our resort and Mike took a nap when we got there as he didn't sleep on the flights like I did! Kate, Justin, and I explored the resort and had some lunch while Mike napped then we got him up so we could all go to dinner together.
   Sunday we enjoyed the day by the pool and trying to figure out the resort. The map was not a good representation of the resort and Mike and I actually got lost the first night trying to get home. We spent most the week at the swim up bar pool as the beach was crowded and the sand was always blowing. We enjoyed getting dressed up and going out to dinner each night and the piano bar.  The guys did scuba dive one day but Kate and Justin had to leave on Thursday to get back to Iowa for a dance recital so most of our days were spent hanging out at the pool.
   Thursday and Friday Mike and I enjoyed quiet time and each finished some books that we had been trying to read in a chaos that is life at home.








I really liked this clock
   While we were gone for the week the kids had a great time at the ranch over the weekend. Big B was home when they got off the bus on Monday. The enjoyed spending time with her on Tuesday and she took them all to teaching mass at the church Wednesday night. They had school on Thursday but then had Friday off so they enjoyed a movie night Thursday night. Friday Rachel got picked up by a friend and went to Grand Island for a birthday party. Katie and the kids came to town on Friday so Big B could go back to Omaha for work. Katie and the kids enjoyed cooking, playing, and church on Saturday night. 
  Mike and I got back to Denver late Saturday night. Mike had to fly to Huston on Sunday for more hospital training and was just going to hangout in Denver but in the end decided to ride home with me so he could see the kids before he left again. We got home around noon and Katie and the kids took off. Mike and I enjoyed catching up with the kids and their activities for the week before he left to go to the airport here to fly out. The kids and I then watched a couple shows and when to bed. Becca was excited to get to sleep in my bed since Mike was gone.
   The last couple of days we were on vacation we started to hear more and more about the corona virus or COVID-19 in China and Italy and how is was just starting to show up in the states after a cruise ship got infected. They had brought a couple patients to the containment center in Omaha that they built during the Ebola outbreak. Mike and I were really not too concerned about it, they were talking about closing airports, so I was glad we were headed home. Once we got to Florida I was okay as worst case scenario we could rent a car and drive home from there. Little did we know at that time what the next few weeks and the month of March had in store for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment