Monday December 14th the kids had school and I subbed all day for 4K. The class over all was good for me all day, the only note worthy thing that happened was in the morning the kids had some free time on their computers. The teacher left me her computer and log in so I had the ability to watch what all the kids had on their computers. I noticed one kids screen had restricted at the bottom, at first that was not strange as the school has restrictions on a lot of you tube content, so I just kept watching the kid. I then noticed that he was on a DOS screen, which is how you program computers. I asked him what he was doing and he told me he was trying to get into more music on his computer. I told him he need to to get out of that and work on his work. The principal came to check on my later in the morning and I told him about what I had seen on the kids computer. He took the kids to the office and had our IT guy come down to take a look. The kid had not broke the firewall yet but was in the correct place. The principal was glad that I turned it in and was impressed that I found it. I have Mike to thank for all his computer building as that was the only reason I knew about the DOS screen and possibly a little bit of our first apple computer that had a DOS start up screen. The rest of the day was uneventful! We came home after school and I made meatloaf for supper and we waited for the snow.

Tuesday the kids had a late start due to the snow and I was supposed to sub in the library in the afternoon but ended up not having to as the conference the librarian was supposed to go to got cancelled. After school Rachel had basketball at 6:30 and Piano was moved to Thursday as Rachel's teacher had her Christmas concert at school that night. Wednesday the kids had school and I worked on wrapping and sorting presents. I also decided on Wednesday that I could no longer be head of the server group at church. It was just taking up too much time and I was not getting a great response to my emails. Deacon Mark understood and took it back over and is currently looking for someone with more time to head that group. After school I picked up kids and pizza and we came home to get ready for church. We had a good mass and the play went off without a hitch. Overall we had a great December with the CCD kids and program. I got some gifts from my second graders and have enjoyed our first half of the year.









 |
| Becca and Bree |
Thursday I took the kids to school then I ran them to school then went to Walmart to pick up the rest of the supplies for our cookie making the following week. I then came home and worked around the house until I had to go to school to sub for the last hour of the day. Rachel's Piano got cancelled as her teacher had to get tested for COVID. Thursday night we just hung out and got ready for the last day of school. Friday was the last day of school and pajama day as the kids got to watch a movie from HELP club. There were no class parties but we still were able to take gifts to the teachers. I came home after morning drop off and pulled the truck out of the shop as today was Theater Chair drop off day! Rachel went to Sarah's after school and they went to Cody Park. Bree came home with us after school and stayed the night. Mike and I enjoyed watching the Nebraska Game and relaxing that evening.
 |
| Watching wrestling. COVID does have its perks! |
 |
| Rachel, Alanna, Sarah, Carley, Maddie |
 |
| The dogs wanted to get into the work truck so bad. |
Saturday morning we hung out around the house while Mike went to town and rounded. Mike and I then hauled out the old furniture in the basement to the game room in the shop and started hauling in the theater chairs. They all were in great shape and fit the room perfect. We did not get finished before the kids and I had to leave to head to Comstock to meet mom and dad, but Mike was able to finish the chairs before we got home. The kids and I stopped in town and picked up food to take with us, when we got to Comstock we met mom, dad, Katie, Matt, Tanner, and Jaidyn at the park and the kids played, we ate supper, and opened gifts. It was then time to walk around town and look at all the Christmas lights and displays. Most of the streets were full of the blow up Christmas characters. It was a very nice night (for December) and we all had a great time. It was a fun place to visit but not really a place that we will have to go to each year. The kids got new work coats from Mom and Dad, I got my calendar and a mouse pad, and Mike got his 16th Budweiser stein and jerky! We got home around 9 that night and the kids wanted to watch a movie in the new chairs so we watched Miracle on 34th Street.












Sunday the kids and I went to church and then Mike met us for lunch before we came home. The kids played and helped Mike outside while I made Cherry Mash! I then got everything cleaned up and we sat down to watch The Santa Clause 1 and 2. They are some of my favorite Christmas movies and the kids also enjoyed them. Overall we had a great last week of school and we ready to do some Christmas baking and have time off school!
 |
| My favorite Cherry Mash Recipe |
 |
| This girl loves to read! |
No comments:
Post a Comment