Monday, December 28, 2020

November 30 - December 6

   Here we go! We are going to try and get this caught up by the end of the year! Wish me luck! 

  Monday November 30th the school decided to do a practice online learning day. The school still wanted all the teachers and para's at the school so Jen Hampton brought Delcey and Jensyn out for the day. The day went pretty well and everyone got their work all done. Becca really struggles with learning at home and keeping on tasks. She also had the most to do so she got mad when she was still working and everyone else was done. Overall we made it through the day and everyone was excited to go back to school on Tuesday!

   Tuesday I subbed at school for the librarian. She does some para work in the mornings which was fun and then helps the kids check out books in the afternoons. There is not a lot of time for lessons in the library this year as the kids only get to check out books during library days so most the time is spent with the kids finding and checking out books. While I was pulling Christmas library books at the end of the day I ran across a book that took me back to my country school days. Our teacher Ms. Foth loved to read us different book and did the best Hank the Cow Dog voice. The book I ran across in the library was "The Stinky Cheese Man and other Fairlystupid Tales" by Jon Scieszka. It is a very funny book about different fairytales. I even remember writing our own fairy tales after reading this book. Rachel could not wait to read it and read it all the way to and from Piano. That night I had Mike read it to the kids before bed. They all enjoyed it so much! 

Even Jessie got to enjoy the story

   Wednesday I took the kids to school then came home and worked around the house. I made chicken soup in the Instapot and then went to town to work at the Church. After school we had confession and adoration before we practiced for the Christmas play at CCD. Thursday I took the kids to school then went to town and had coffee with Capri. I then ran errands around town and picked the kids up from school. We came home and worked on homework before eating dinner. Alec and I then watched the basketball games on the computer until it was time for him to go to bed and for me to head to town and clean the bleachers after the games.



   Friday I took the kids to school then came home to clean and load the camper. After the camper was loaded I headed to town to pick up pizza and coffee for the weekend. I then grabbed the kids and we came home and headed for the ranch. We got to Pat and Wanda's about dark so we just got the camper ready for the night and waited for Nick, Melissa, and the kids to get there. Nathan and Aaron were already at Pat and Wanda's. Liza, Sean, and Ashlyn did not come over as Sean had practice and Ash had a game. Saturday we got up and headed out to work cows. Rachel and Becca stayed to help Grandma again and play while Alec, Kelcee and I went to help with cows. First we went to the lake and unloaded some cows, then we came back to the house and gathered the fall cows and branded the calves. The fall steers were big so I just vaccinated while Nathan and Nick wrestled. After we got done branding we drove the rest of the group of steers to the lake. It was then dark and time to go back for dinner. Everyone was over for dinner that night and we finally got a picture of all the Simonson Grandkids!

Rachel's 750 dog tag for reading

Tucker, Rachel, Alec, Ashlyn, Hazel, Nathan, Kelcee, Sean, and Becca

   Sunday we packed up the camper and headed home. I had to be back by 3:30 to go to the school and decorate for Christmas. After decorating I came home and we all watched a movie and went to bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment