Tuesday, December 29, 2020

December 7 - December 13

    Monday December 7th I took the kids to school in the morning then came home and cleaned out the camper and did laundry. I then went to North Platte to run some errands before going to school at 2 to sub for Johnson in Kindergarten. We did a craft while I was there and they all did a great job, it was just a challenge getting around to 24 kids with glue before one of the first kids was done. After school we came home and ate early then the kids and I ran to church in Sutherland for Immaculate Conception mass. 

   Tuesday I took the kids to school then came home and did more laundry and cleaned the camper more. I then had to be at school at 2 to sub for 3R, which is Becca's class. We did a craft while I was there! After school we dropped Becca and Alec off at home and then Rachel and I went to Piano. Rachel has not had as much time to practice lately with also practicing her flute and basketball so she has had the same songs for a couple weeks, but she is also playing much harder music so it takes some time to get your fingers moving sometimes. Wednesday the kids had school and I came home and worked around the house before going to town and having lunch with Lisa. I have not seen Lisa for awhile now with both of us working at the school. She gave me the updates on her parents as they both tested positive for COVID-19 and both received the new IV antibiotic and other than being tired they are doing really well. After school we went  to CCD and practiced for the Christmas Play for the last time. Everyone did well and we even had time to exchange a few Christmas gifts. Jen and I gave all the teachers a keychain with a decade rosary and a small vial to put holy water in. They also each got a bag of popcorn. We also gave our 2nd Grade class all some popcorn and candy. 

ZigZag brought some new fun scenes with him this year from up north!

All Dressed Up for the recording of their Christmas Concert at school


   Thursday I took the kids to school after getting Alec and Becca ready for their Christmas Concert recording. After drop off I went to town and had lunch with Steph before getting my hair cut. Steph's husband Jake is Mike's partner and although our husbands work together our busy schedules with the kids don't get us together often so it was so nice to finally be able to sit down and visit with her. I then walked across the street to get my hair done. It went a little darker and added some red in. I love my hours in my hairdresser's chair. After I was done with my hair I went to Phyllis's and enjoyed lunch with Wanda, Mike and Phyllis. Phyllis is getting weaker each day but is still able to sit at the table and eat with us. She is now using a wheelchair all the time but is able to visit a little. I then picked up the kids and we enjoyed not having homework as they didn't have school on Friday. We had popcorn for supper and the kids watched shows upstairs as Mike and I watched our shows downstairs. 





  Friday we didn't have school so Becca wanted to do a photoshoot with the animals. Yes she had them each in the house at different times. The things this child comes up with! I also worked on laundry and in my office. Elly came over to play in the afternoon until Rachel had practice. While Rachel was at practice Jen and I worked at the church to get it all ready for our Christmas mass and play. After practice I brought Rachel home then Mike and I went to Pal's to meet up with Dugan's for some drinks. 
Jessie

Jessie

Roger

Roger

Simba

Simba

Simba

Jessie

  Saturday we just stayed home all day. Mike and I watched the Nebraska game and then we played outside a little, but overall I just mostly sat and watched TV. I don't do it often but it was a very relaxing day. Sunday the kids and I went to church while Mike went out south and moved and cleaned up all the posts from our fence project. After church we went to lunch and then came home. Rachel had basketball from 2-3:30 then we came home and everyone showered and got into pjs for movie night. We watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and the kids loved it. Alec even talked to his teacher about it at school the next week as it is one of her favorite movies as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment