Monday October 19th I took the kids to school then dropped my car off for an oil change and tire rotation. Lisa picked be up and we went to her house to work on Nebraska shirts for our upcoming trip to Des Moines. I came home after my car was done and worked on house stuff before going to school for a Teammates meeting. The kids rode the bus home as my meeting started at 4. After my meeting I came home and we ate before heading to town for Rachel's volleyball game. Pat and Wanda were able to come watch but did not stay. Rachel's team won and Rachel had some really great serves.

Tuesday the kids has school and the roofing crew finally showed up to start on the new shingles. I also had a guy from Mead lumber come out and measure all our windows and doors so that we could get new ones ordered. After school I had a quick parent teacher conference with Alec's teacher Mrs. Wilson and then took the 6th graders to volleyball practice before coming home. Mrs. Wilson had all great things to say about Alec. The only thing he needs to work on is not talking all the time ("He just has so much to say!") I picked Rachel up from practice early for Piano then Rachel and I headed to Hershey to watch the varsity volleyball game and clean the bleachers after the games. The school pays the kids to clean and Rachel is using it for her Washington D.C. trip.
Wednesday the kids had school and I worked on packing for our trip to Des Moines. We had CCD after school and then mom and dad came down to watch Becca's last volleyball game. They also brought us fresh picked popcorn! The kids finally got their school pictures back!
 |
Alec 1st Grade
|
 |
Becca 3rd Grade
|
 |
Rachel 6th Grade
|
Thursday I took the kids to school then packed the car. I went to school early to meet with Becca and Rachel's teachers before we left for Des Moines. After my conferences we dropped off Elly and Bree and picked up Mike and hit the road. The kids were so excited to get to Des Moines they didn't even want to stop for dinner. I got great reports from both of the girls teachers and they were both excepted into the HAL program this year. The best part of arriving at Kate and Justin's was the surprise we had for Mike. Justin's brother Lyndon and fiancé Steph flew in to spend the weekend. Mike and I had not seen Lyndon since our cruise. Mike was so surprised and excited. The kids loved seeing Hanna and Dutch and I was just excited to have some down time for the next couple days.
Friday the guys and boys took off mid morning to go see the farm and shoot guns. The girls all stayed home and hung out. We did tie-dye shirts and relaxed in the hot tub. The adults went out for dinner that night and then the boys came home and had a "night cap" in the hot tub with the little boys!
Saturday we had big breakfast and then got ready to watch the Huskers. The game didn't turn out as we would have liked but we had a great time watching with friends. The kids played and then we all went and sat in the hot tub before watching movies that night.
 |
Becca snuggles with Steph
|
Sunday we packed up and headed home before the snow storm. We stopped in Omaha and had lunch with Big B and then made it home just as the snow started to fall. The kids all went to bed early as it was many late nights over the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment