Tuesday, December 8, 2020

October 26 - November 1

    Another week is trying to sneak past without a blog update. I am not sure why I am surprised that I don't get this done each week when some months I have a hard time making the time to sit down and pay my bill and file my papers. Time is such a funny thing, there is never enough, but somedays it seems like it takes forever. 

   Monday October 26th we had a late start due to icy roads. They really didn't look bad but Mike said they were pretty slick when he went to town. The best part of the morning was when Becca came upstairs at 7:15 and I was drinking coffee in the chair. She was so mad that I didn't wake her up and that we were going to be late for school. I told her we had a late start and she snuggled in. I then went to wake Rachel up and she looked at the clock and it was 8:30, she asked why I didn't wake her up for school also. After I took the kids to school I came home and worked on laundry and unpacking. Rachel had volleyball that night and she played on the A team and they won both sets. She had a great night of serving!

All 3 fall sport pictures. This is my life for the next 11 years and I love it.


   Tuesday the kids had school and I did more laundry. After school I surprised the kids and helped them make caramel apples. They tasted good but I did not know that you have to boil the wax off of them so the caramel will stick. Needless to say the apples ended up with very little caramel still on them the next morning.





   Wednesday the kids had school and I subbed for the resource teacher in the morning then for the 5th grade Para in the afternoon. After school we celebrated all saints day at church by playing games and talking about our patron saints. After church we went to town and met up with my 3rd grade volleyball players for an end of the season ice cream party at double dips!




 Thursday the kids had school and I went to town and got my hair done then had a facial. After I was finished getting pampered I ran some errands then came home and picked up the house. We came home after school and worked on homework before I left to go back to the school to help decorate the wave wall for the kids costume parade the next day.  Friday the kids dressed up for school and they broadcast a live Facebook feed for the kids to walk by and wave to their parents and friends. (Usually the school has a huge parade in the gym in the afternoon for the community to come and see all the kids dressed up.) After school Bree stayed to play and then Aaron, Sean, Pat, and Wanda came for supper and they all stayed so that they could build corrals on the Simon ground on Saturday.








   Saturday Mike was on call and the kids and I just hung out in the morning. Pat, Aaron, and Sean went out south to build corrals. I went out later in the day and took them lunch and helped for awhile. After lunch I came back and got the kids ready so we could take pictures before Rachel left to trick-or-treat with her friends. She had a great night and stayed over with Ella B. The little 2 and I ran around North Platte with Mike to see some friends then we ended up going to Hershey to trick-or-treat with more friends. We ended the night at Cox's for some food and drinks. It was a great night and we all had a great time.











Becca (Wednesday Adams)

Alec (The Mad Hatter)

Rachel (The Corpus Bride)

   Sunday we meet Rachel at church and then went to lunch with Mike. Alec and Mike then headed out south to check cows before coming home for movie night. We ended October with lots of things going on. Covid is still going on and the numbers are getting higher. So far no more restrictions but you see more people wearing masks each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment