Back at this blogging thing and hoping to get through August today. I tried to get on here yesterday and the site would not work. Talk about panic as I'm not sure what I will do if and when they would shut this site down.
Monday the 13th we cleaned the house and I started the process of cleaning my office. I think it is save to say we all have that one room or spot in the house that everything goes. Here it is my office. If I need to quick clean the house throw everything that I can't find a place for in the office and shut the door. My office desk also gets piled up as I don't take the time to sit down and do the office work like I should. I am trying to get better but as I write this my goal for today is to clean my office again!
Tuesday I had a Dr appointment so Maci and Grace came to watch and play with the kids. I then ran a couple errands in town and picked Elly up when I took Maci home and Claire Schaffer also came over to play. If you are having a play date you might as well have someone for each kid to play with. Poor Alec hardly ever has any friends over as I really don't know many boys his age yet. While the kids played I mowed and worked outside.
Wednesday I picked the garden in the morning and worked on laundry (the biggest never ending task in this house). I then worked on cleaning the office some more. Wednesday night I canned pickles and Rachel stayed the night at Elly's house.
 |
| So Many Tomatoes |
 |
| 5 gallon bucket of cucumbers |
Thursday Rachel had a dentist appointment to get started on her myobrace. It is a device that she wears at night and 1 hour each day along with some mouth and tongue exercised that is supposed to help with mouth breathing, teeth grinding, and sleeping. The dentist noticed she was grinding her teeth at her 6 month check up so we are trying this to see if it helps. She did really good to start with and now that we are 6 months in she is liking it less and less. But it does seem to be helping. The myobrace also helps with a cross bite, which Alec has but I am not sure he will be as good about the exercises and wearing it at night. After the dentist we had lunch with Lisa and the came home and got everything ready for the girls back to school night. We love back to school night! We get to see friends that we have not seen all summer and meet our new teachers.
 |
| 4th Grade and 1st Grade |

 |
| This year the pumpkins and gourds came back volunteer on the dog kennel |
Friday Mike went to Dismal for his annual golf trip with some guys from town. The kids and I stayed home and cleaned and played. That afternoon we meet Traci for dinner at Pals and then Justin came over and babysat while I went to Business After Hours with Vince and Traci.
 |
| Trying on Traci's glasses |
Saturday we picked up Roxie and Ruby from the kennel for Lisa and then headed to Mullen. We spent the night with Aaron and Liza and then went to Pat and Wanda's on Sunday for lunch before coming back home.
 |
| Hanging Out with Ashlyn |
 |
| Grandma's new kittens |
No comments:
Post a Comment