Monday I worked on laundry all day and enjoyed just having the 2 little ones around. I was still working on my 6 week declutter and this week was closets. Do you realize how much stuff you just shove into a closet you can't see? The closet under the stairs had not been looked through all the way into the back since we moved 7 years ago. I made it all the way to the back and got rid of a whole dumpster full of stuff. What a mess but what a blessing to have all that space to store the kids clothes they don't yet fit in so I can use my storage room for my canning stuff! We also went through all the dress up stuff the kids don't fit into any more and made our friends little girls very happy when we took it to them.
Tuesday we went to town and ran errands while the cleaning ladies cleaned the house. We played outside that afternoon and when I was watering my plants I noticed the outside air conditioner unit was not working right so we had to have someone come out and put a new motor in the outside unit.
Wednesday Johnna came out to watch and play with the kids while I went to town and shopped for school supplies. The kids are going to miss Johnna this year when she goes to nursing school. Thursday we went to Michelle's for a pool party. The pool parties are coming to to and end as we all get ready to go back to school but we have enjoyed spending time with friends at Michelle's this summer. Thursday afternoon I canned pickles and roasted tomatoes out of the garden.
Friday we packed up and headed to O'neill. We got to town around lunch time and enjoyed seeing Rachel again. The kids then played while mom and I painted Sandi's baby room to help her get ready for baby Lexa to join the world.
| Alex is starting to like me more and more! |
This was the first time the kids had ever been in a corn field and the first time they have picked any corn. They loved every minute of it and we are so lucky to have the family we do that lets the kids be involved if they want. Patsy and Uncle Jim were so much help and the kids talked about picking corn for the next couple of weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment