Saturday, December 30, 2017

August 14 - 20

   Monday we stayed home. The sprinkler guys came out and fixed the sprinkler by the new shop and a couple other heads that have been not working properly. They also moved a sprinkler out of the mulch on the south side of the house and out from under the new stairs on the north side. Yes this is usually a project that Mike would take care of but he is super busy with work and sometimes it is just easier to have a professional come look over everything. I again picked and canned some pickles. 4 cucumber plants have kept me busy this year. Tuesday we cleaned, played, and did some laundry. The kids had back to school night and were all very excited to get in meet their teachers and see who was all in their classes. This year Alec is in preschool with Mrs. Cox and Mrs. McConnell, Becca is in Kindergarten with Mrs. Johnson and Mrs. Nelson, and Rachel is in 3rd Grade with Mrs. Ransdell.
Back to School Night by the bell




Becca and Jemma Hampton were in Preschool together but have different Kindergarten classes.

   Wednesday was the girls first day of school. They got out at 11:30 so we went to Switchyard (a new restaurant in the old depot owned and operated by Mark and Dee Lutrel and Josh and Kaylee Powell). Mike was able to eat a quick bite with us but then had to get back to work.








  Thursday was Alec's first day of school and my first day of freedom for 3 hours 4 days a week. I really thought I would get so much done without him but come to find out all I really get done is peaceful trips to Walmart and a lot of driving by myself. I do enjoy the time alone but I am hoping to use my time better in 2018.


My favorite picture. He was so proud to be going to school with them.



   Friday the girls had school and Alec and I came home. I canned pickles most the day then after school we all went to Marko's birthday party. The kids always have a good time playing with the kids they don't see very often.




  Saturday Elly came over and we made magnets for the locker that her and Rachel share this year. That evening she invited Rachel and Becca to both spend the night with her. Mia came out and watched Alec while Mike and I went with Vince, Traci, and The Shore's to the Chase County Fair in Imperial. We saw Old Dominion and Casey Donahew in concert and then came home. Sunday we went to church came home and had a nap then I mowed before we watched a movie for movie night tradition with the kids.


Terri, Traci, and I

Me, Traci, and Vince

Brain, Mike, Terri, Mike, Vince, Traci, and I at the concerts

No comments:

Post a Comment