Saturday, December 30, 2017

October 16 - 22

   Monday the kids had school and I did laundry and house work. Alec went to Michelle's after school as I had a meeting with the Preschool Advisory Board. I say no to so many committees and people that ask for me to be on boards as I feel like this time and my time with the kids is more important. It is so hard with all of Mike's meetings to find people to watch the kids and still get them to bed on time and all their homework done. When Mrs. Cox asked me to be on the Preschool board and assured me they only meet 4 times a year I finally said yes. Our first meeting went well and it was fun to discuss Preschool things as I feel like after 3 years in the Hershey Preschool system I have a pretty good idea of how it runs.  Rachel had volleyball practice after school and Becca enjoyed taking pictures of all the things she wanted from the school book fair while I was at my meeting. Pat and Wanda stopped by that evening to visit before going to stay at Phyllis's.
   Tuesday I took the kids to school and came home to do house work. Alec and Becca went home with Bree after school and Rachel went to Grace's to play that evening while I meet with Mrs. Ransdell for Rachel's fall conference. Rachel is doing well in school. We decided to put her in title I reading for now as her test scores and fluency is not were we would like it. She has improved a bunch since then and I think she will be able to rejoin her reading class after the semester is over. She has enjoyed her time with Mrs. Hutchinson but feels like she is doing good enough and doesn't need the extra help any more. She is a straight A student but has to work harder at reading and spelling than math and science.
   Wednesday I took the kids to school, ran to walmart and stopped in to see Grandma Priest. She was still at the rehab place but was getting good therapy and doing well. I went school and surprised the girls and ate lunch with them. It works out well to go to lunch with them as Becca is there about 10 minutes before Rachel, and then Rachel gets to stay 10 minutes after Becca leaves. We are all done and lunch is over by 11:20 when I have to pick up Alec. Alec and I came home and froze peppers and apples!
Beautiful Sunsets this fall

Rachel enjoying a game at CCD
  Thursday the kids had school, I visited Grandma Priest and then after school we took a couple friends and all went to the park as the kids got out early for conferences. Becca spent the night with Bree and Maci came over to watch Rachel and Alec while Mike and I went to conferences. Becca is doing extremely well. She was one of the first to read independently in her class, she scored really well on her state testing and loves to help and follows directions well. Alec is doing good. He is all boy and loves to have a job at school. His favorite job is dressing the weather frog.
Bree, Becca, Alec


Rachel, Elly, Jensen

 
  Friday Bree and Elly both spent the day with us. We all went to town and got this kids flu shots. Alec was not impressed but going to lunch and getting ice cream made everything better. We came home and played that afternoon. That night we went to the St. Pat's football game for parents night for the cheerleaders. We enjoyed eating sandwiches before the game and watching Babs cheer during her senior year.




So tired after a sleepover
  Saturday Mike was on call so Babs came out to watch the kids so that I could go to Lincoln for the Garth and Trisha concert. Mike and I had tickets to see them a couple years ago, but then Alec had his hernia so we didn't go. I then got tickets to go see them and found out it was the same weekend we were going to Des Moines so I gave the tickets to mom and dad. So I finally had tickets to see my favorite artist and Kristi meet me to go to the concert. I got to town early so I went to Dylan's and meet up with Pat, Deb, and Derric. We went to lunch and then they took me downtown to meet Kristi. We meet up with Merri, Darold, Avery, and Becci for a drink before going into the concert. It was an amazing concert. Garth put on an amazing show and Trisha sang some of my favorite songs. After the show we had a bite to eat and then I came home.





  Sunday we went to church then to visit Grandma Priest. Mike got Rachel a new bike (she never learned to ride without training wheels so he just bought her a bike and told her to figure it out. After a couple minutes she was riding like she was a pro). We played outside and rode bike before coming in, taking baths, and watching a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment