Saturday, December 30, 2017

August 21 - 27


   Monday August 21st was a much anticipated day in the city of North Platte. It was the day of the Solar Eclipse. The kids did not have school that day as we were in the path of totality and the school wanted all the kids to be able to enjoy as much or as little of the eclipse without being the ones to take everyone outside. The kids and I spent the morning at home and Mike went to work. We then picked up Mike around 11 and went to the airport to watch for the eclipse. Totality was achieved and the kids had so much fun watching as the sun came across, covered, and then just like that it was daylight again. It was not total darkness but the street lights did come one, we were able to take off our glasses, and the 360 degree sunset was something to be seen. The temperature did drop and we were all together. What a day to spend and observe through their eyes. So glad Mike was able to be with us during this life time event.
Checking to see what stage the sun and moon were at


Snacks and drinks while we waited


So many planes flew in to watch this incredible event.

So hard to capture on the phone but so cool to see in person


Getting Dark
   Tuesday everyone was in school. I went to Jazzercise and then picked up Ashlynn and she spent the day with us. Wednesday the kids had school, I went to Jazz and Walmart and then came home and picked tomatoes and canned spaghetti sauce that evening. 
Rachel's breakfast creation. The kids all eat toaster waffles (Eggo's) most mornings for breakfast

The cats enjoying the deck furniture
    Thursday the kids had school, I went to Jazz and then Menards. That afternoon and evening we just did stuff around the house and played. Friday the girls had school and Alec and I went to town and had lunch with Mike. After lunch we came home and made salsa. 


   Saturday the boys went golfing while the girls and I went to the Hershey Fall Fest parade. We came home after the parade and I canned pickles. That night we went to Josh and Jennifer Cox's house to watch the fight between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor. The kids had so much fun playing and were so tired by the time the fight was over and we came home. Sunday we went to church and then out to lunch with Grandma Priest and Auntie J. We came home and I mowed and worked in the yard until Pat and Wanda came to visit. We enjoyed some chips and salsa on the deck before movie night and bed time.
Becca, Chloe, Elly, Rachel, and Grace!





No comments:

Post a Comment