Sunday, December 31, 2017

December 4 - 10

   The kids had school and I went to Walmart then we spent the rest of the day at home. Elly came over to play after school. I made a smoked turkey for supper and we enjoyed playing before bed. Tuesday the kids had school and I went to town and ran some errands. After school I joined Rachel's CCD class and we all went to the movie "The Star" everyone had a great time and enjoyed the movie. It is so nice to have all the kids old enough to sit through a whole movie. After the movie we went through McDonald's took Mike some food as he was on call and came home.
   Wednesday the kids had school and I went to town and picked up our deer meat. Mike has never been a huge fan of deer meat but he was really happy how Kelley's did our deer this year and enjoys the meat that we have.  I picked the kids up after school and we came home and hurried to get ready for the CCD mass and Christmas program. Rachel was a stable cow and Becca was a stable sheep. They each had a line in the play and did a great job. We had a pot luck supper after the program then Mike brought the kids home while I ran to town and had some drinks with Michelle and Missy.


Getting Ready to say her line

My little sheep

The whole class
   Thursday the kids had school and Elly came home with us. We went to town that evening to have a going away party for Dr. Curtis, Della, Mya, Jada, and Ava. The Curtis family moved to Georgia to be closer to family. Rachel was kind of sad as her and Mya have became friends over the last year. The kids all had a great time playing at the Switchyard and we had a good turn out of people to tell the Curtis family bye. 
Rachel and Mya

The Curtis Family and Us
   Friday we took the girls to school and then Alec and I went to mass of the Immaculate Conception of Mary. Alec then went to Lisa's while I ran to the hospital to visit Mike's PA Dustin's new baby.  I told the kids before school that after school on Friday I was going on and adventure and asked if anyone wanted to go. They asked what I would be doing. I told them I was going to drive 3 hrs get out and do something and then drive back home. Rachel didn't see any reason to ride in the car for 6 hours unless we were going to visit Hanna. I told her that was not what I was doing. Becca said she would go with me. So after school Rachel went home with Chloe and we dropped Alec off at Mike's office. Becca and I hit the road. We got almost to Kearney and Becca asked if I could give her a hit of what we were doing. I handed her a little dog bone. She started to laugh and cry. She figured out we were going to get a puppy and was so excited. Becca and I drove to Silver Creek, Nebraska and met a guy named Jeff to pick out our new female Golden Retriever puppy. He had 3 to choose from and Becca fell in love with the first one he handed to her. The puppy cuddled right in to Becca and snuggled with her all the way home. We surprised Alec and Rachel the next day with her and decided to call her Jessie as her mom is Story (from Toy Story) and her dad is Buzz (Buzz Light year) we also liked Jessie because the only famous Roger we could think of as a couple was Roger and Jessica Rabbit! So now I would like to introduce you to the newest member of our funny farm family:






  So far she is a good puppy. She has dug a few holes I will need to fill in the spring and chew and eats anything she can find but she sleeps in a kennel in the garage next to roger and loves to play and chew. Roger is enjoying having someone to play with as well as he was getting kind of lonely now that the kids are busier and we are gone more. Saturday we stayed home and played outside with Jessie and Roger. Wanda came out to see us in the afternoon and I went to town to watch Babs cheer at the Hershey vs. St. Pat's basketball game. 
I can't believe she is a senior
  Sunday we went to church and then to lunch with Grandma Priest and Auntie J. Rachel had basketball practice that afternoon and we played outside with Jessie and Roger. Sunday night Rachel, Becca, and I joined Trisha and her family at the Buffalo Bill Ranch to take in Christmas at the Cody's. I have heard a lot about this event since moving to town but never took the time to check it out. It was neat to see inside Buffalo Bill's house and barn. They had each room decorated and Rachel knew a lot about the house after going there for a field trip last spring. We even found Santa in the house. He had an app on his phone that told him whether the kids had been naughty or nice. Becca didn't even what to sit on his lap or talk to him because she was just sure it was going to say naughty. Luckily it said she was nice and she got to pick coin from the nice bag. We then went outside and tried a roasted Chestnut. They are not good! Next was a short walk to the barn to see some animals and then it was time to come home. What a great way to get us even more in the Christmas spirit!



So Nervous

The whole group of kids that were with us (Jorgensen, Wilson. and Cox Families)



No comments:

Post a Comment