Saturday, December 30, 2017

October 2 - 8

   Monday Mike was able to take the kids to school which they love. He is not able to do this very often but when he can they all love it. After picking up Alec we went to town and picked out a new freezer for the basement. With all my frozen garden stuff, corn from mom and dad, and we also got 1/2 a beef from Pat and Wanda, a pig from Clay and Mike shot a deer our one freezer was just not enough, so we got a smaller one for the basement! Tuesday I took the kids to school and then went to town and enjoyed coffee with Gwen. Even with all the kids in school I still don't get to see my friends often enough so when we can meet up for coffee it is a real treat. We came home after Alec got out of school and I worked in the yard. Mike was able to pick up the kids so I mowed and got all my yard work done before supper.
   Wednesday I took the kids to school and then picked up Ashlynn. She loves coming to play at "mimi's" house and with Alec. Her favorite part is picking up the kid from school. I ran some errands while in town and ordered a new iphone as mine was not working very well. I also ordered Mike an apple watch for our anniversary.
Anniversary Flowers from Mike

Alec loves to play Sorry but I always lose because the rules are never the same!

Helping make meatloaf for dinner
  Thursday the kids had school and I meet up with some of the new Dr. wives for coffee. Jake Wiesen joined as a general surgeon in September. His wife Stephanie is the step daughter of Pat's cousin Milette. We have know them for awhile but Jake was practicing in Fremont. When we found out Dr. Curtis was leaving by the end of the year we recruited Jake to move to town. The funny part is they bought Kate and Justin's house. We try to get together for coffee once a month but we can't always all make it. After picking up Alec we came home and I packed as after Mike got off work we headed to Omaha. Mike was supposed to have a conference but it got cancelled so we just enjoyed the weekend in Omaha just the 2 of us. Wanda spent the rest of the week and weekend with the kids. The girls rode the school bus home for the first time together. Becca said it was really loud and kind of made her car sick, but overall they liked it. They spent the rest of the weekend going to Rachel's volleyball game and hanging out with Grandma Wanda and Grandma Priest. Mike and I enjoyed seeing Ashlynn Murdock after her hip surgery on Friday, a movie, a very nice anniversary dinner out, and some finding the hidden bar through the looking glass!


  Sunday we got back in time to have lunch at whiskey creek with Sherri, Larry, Auntie J, Pat, Wanda, and Grandma Priest! Rachel then had volleyball practice at 3 and Elly came to spend the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment