Sunday, December 31, 2017

The End of 2017

   As I sit here on New Years Eve catching up on the last 6 months of our lives I realize we were busy. A good busy, but really busy. I would like to say that we will slow down in 2018 but we will not. We will always be busy and that is good. The kids are growing and finding new interests. We are visiting new places and spending time with family and friends and loving life. So here is the very last week of 2017.
   Christmas morning we woke up at Mom and Dad's. Santa did not bring the kids gifts to the farm but I did take a gift for each of them and they also got to open the gifts they missed from Kohle Christmas the weekend before. They also had gifts from Sandi and Mom and Dad. We had a great meal of prime rib and brisket for lunch, opened gifts fast and headed back home. It started snowing Christmas morning in North Platte and we ran into the snow around Burwell. We ended up driving much slower and going through Broken Bow on the way home. Our 3 hour trip ended up taking 4.5 but we made it. We stopped at Lisa's quick and picked up Jessie as she spent the weekend with them so we did not have to travel with her. When we got home Santa had been here and the kids were excited to open gifts. Rachel got a bow and arrows, a zoomer show pony, Lego's, shopkins, and clothes. Becca got a new bike, twin hatchimals, Lego's, shopkins, and clothes. Alec got new golf clubs, a superman/batman cave thing, Lego's, and clothes. Mike got new slippers, a calendar for his desk, and new work shoes. I got new slippers, a necklace, and a massage chair. We all must have been really good this year!






Picture with Grandma Kohle

Aunt Patsy

Merry Christmas 2017

Mom and Dad

Tielke grand girls. Missing Brooklyn







Missing Brooklyn and London


Axel loves Alec

New School sweatshirts from grandma and grandpa Tielke

Santa Came!










New pajamas from Grandma Kohle
   Tuesday we played in the morning with our new Christmas stuff then ate lunch and headed to town to go to the movie with Nana Dee, Kaylee, Zaiden, Brekken, and Tezley. We saw Ferdinand! It was such a cute movie. We came back home after the movie and played. Wednesday we played in the snow and Michelle and Ashlynn came out and opened presents. Then we went to Lisa's for pizza and to open gifts with the Troshynski's. I did not feel well by the time we got home and went to bed at 7pm. Mike put the kids to bed and let me sleep until 7 the next morning and I felt much better.
Hatching her Hatchimals






   Thursday Alec had to go to the dentist to get his tooth filled so Babs came out to play with the girls. Rachel got sick that night and again the next morning. We spent Friday at home as Rachel was sick and I worked on laundry and house work. Saturday Rachel was better but Becca got sick in the morning so I worked on this blog most the day, played some board games and avoided going outside as the temperature was around 0 most the day with the low being -20. Today Alec woke up with a hurting tummy. Becca was better but Alec ended up reacting to an oil I put on his stomach and getting sick. So most of my week has been here at home with sick kids. The temperature today was also a high of 5 and a  low of -18 so I'm not really complaining about not going out.
  So we are ending 2017 with everyone being sick. I am really hoping this means we will start and stay healthy in 2018. I will leave here by wishing everyone a happy and safe new year. I'm going to go shower and snuggle in with the kid for a movie as Mike is on call and at the hospital doing surgery on 3 different people. Stay safe everyone and we will see you in 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment