As I am trying to catch up and start 2018 off fresh I am sure these blog entries could really use more proofing, but since I am just trying to get them done please just deal with the bad sentence structure and probably more than one or two misspelled words. Mostly because this is me, I don't think before I speak or talk most the time and I am a huge procrastinator. These are things I am hoping to improve on but for now stick with me and if nothing else enjoy the pictures!!
Monday the kids had school and I worked on Salsa, Rachel went to Elly's after school and Alec really enjoys playing with Becca when she gets home as he really misses her while she is in school all day. Tuesday the kids had school and I made spicy V8. I have all my recipes in a file folder in my kitchen, maybe when I get everything else caught up I will get them scanned onto the computer and include them in a blog post about my garden! Tuesday evening I took a break from the kitchen to go out and get the yard mowed. Mowing is one of my favorite things, I put on some music and just mow. So peaceful and looking back over my yard when I am finished feels so good. When I am running out of time to get the mowing and yard work done, Mike always lets me know that we could hire someone to take that off my plate. My response is always the same, I love to mow, there are times I just don't have enough hours in the day to get it done.
 |
| Baby Boy is so tired from school |
 |
| Roasted Tomatoes for Salsa |
 |
| New Picture and Frame for the wall going down the stairs |
Wednesday the kids had school and I went to town and visited Grandma Priest. I then stopped by Walmart and picked up a sealer and bags. Nothing brings you back to the old days like the sound of a bag sealing and the memory of the thousands of sandwich bags that were sealed before my eyes as a child. After picking up Alec we came home and grated zucchini and carrots, and cut up rhubarb and green beans. We then packaged and froze everything for this winter and next spring. Already this year we have used some of the garden things, and they are so tasty.

Thursday I took the kids to school and then went to Walmart. Alec and I came home after school and I worked on laundry and house stuff. Friday we had Ashlynn all day so I took her and Alec to the Museum. They had so much fun playing. After school on Friday's this year Bree comes home with us until Katie gets off work at 2:30 and picks up Ava. Today Alec and Becca went home with Katie to play and Rachel went to Elly's. So I took Ashylnn to town to North Platte High's backyard BBQ. I then watched Mia Dugan cheer until halftime, when I then picked up Alec and Becca and we came home.







Saturday we had Jorgensen's and Troshynski's out for the football game and celebrated Elly and Becca's birthdays. We love having the Jorgensen's so close and Elly is like my 4th child. She likes to claim to be my 1st since she is the oldest! Sunday we went to church and then came home did some yard work and planted bulbs for next spring. I am hoping the dogs don't dig them up and they actually grow. Only time will tell. This is one thing that gets me through the winter is the anticipation of the spring and when new bulbs and flowers will grow in my flower beds!
 |
| Sparkler Candles |
 |
| Birthday Girls |
No comments:
Post a Comment