Sunday, November 6, 2022

November 1 - 7

    Monday November 1st the kids didn't have school due to a Teacher In-service day. After sleeping in the all got dresses and went out to play in the 5 inches of snow that fell overnight. I cleaned the office and then we went to town for flu shots. Rachel had basketball practice that afternoon and Becca had a volleyball game. After picking Rachel up from basketball I took her to Piano ran to the D and N and watched some of Becca's game before going back to pick Rachel up. We then all came home and ate supper and went to bed.





   Tuesday I took the kids to school and met with Emma before going to North Platte to see Stacy and meet Ms. Elleosie. I then ran to Walmart and Menards before going back to the school to pick up kids. We didn't have any activities so she made supper and got homework done before bed. Wednesday I took the kids to school then came home to do housework and laundry. I made a spaghetti casserole before heading to school and church eucharistic service. We came home and enjoyed our dinner and then I ran back to Sutherland to get Rachel. Thursday I got up early and took off for Lincoln. With a quick stop in Grand Island to pick up Nicky, Ryan, Kinley and a friend. We then got to Lincoln in time to visit a little before heading over to Pinnacle for State Volleyball. The Stuart girls played well up came up short so after lunch we headed back home. Trisha took the kids to school and the little rode the bus home. Pat, Wanda, and Aaron came to town to ship cattle out.


   Friday the kids didn't have school so we went out south to help ship cattle. Mike had to work in the morning but made it out as the trucks were pulling in. Wanda and Janice brought sandwich stuff for lunch. Nick also came to town to help ship. That evening we came home and grilled hamburgers for everyone. Andy and the boys also joined us and Aaron and Nick stayed the night. 








  Saturday Mike, Alec, Pat, Aaron, and Nick went to the Campbell to set tanks. Becca and I went to town to Cowboy Christmas and Rachel stayed home. We then came home and watched the Huskers before going outside to clean out and till the garden to get ready for winter. That evening Jaxson and Colton came to play while Dana went out to dinner. 

 Sunday we went to church and then out to lunch with Dana, Colten, Jaxson, and Auntie J. After church we came home to clean out the shop "Cat Barn". Then it was in for showers and a movie before bed. A very busy but fun weekend.

November
1 - Did you ever tell ghost stories? Yes in the summers when Gabe and Mandi came to Grandma Tielke's we would stay over and tell stories in the basement.
2 - Do you have a good ghost or haunted house story to relate? NO
3 - What is the strangest thing you ever saw in the sky? When I was going to pick up Tammy and John when their dad got hurt there were a ton of shooting stars the whole time I was driving.
4 - When you were a child, how did you keep your house warm? We had central heat and a wood burning stove.
5 - Who was the President when you were born? Ronald Regan
6 - At what age did you first vote and for whom did you cast your first Presidential vote? Age 23 - George W. Bush
7 - Did you ever see a President or a Vice-President in person? Yes in 2001 President Clinton came to UNK. We had to get in line in the middle of the night to get a seat inside the main gym to see him.




No comments:

Post a Comment