Monday October 25th I subbed in 1st grade then we came home after school and made sandwiches for supper. Becca had volleyball that night and Rachel and Alec stayed home to go to bed early after the long weekend.
| Pumpkin to represent a book! The Ugly Duckling |
Tuesday I subbed in 4th grade and then after school I brought the littles home to relax while I took Rachel to Piano. That night we had leftovers for dinner and every was in bed on time. Wednesday I stayed home in the morning then ran to Walmart before I went to school to sub for 5th grade. After school we had our All Saints Day party at CCD. While I was home in the morning they delivered my new oven so I made lasagna for supper to celebrate! Rachel did have basketball and church so after eating supper I headed to Sutherland to pick her up. Thursday I took kids to school then came home and worked in my office. Rachel had basketball after school and Becca had volleyball practice. Between school and practices Alec and I decorated sugar cookies for his class treat. I made Madge Cleary's sour cream cookies. She made them every year for Halloween and I had the best time making them and thinking of her. I was even listening to music while I was making cookies and "Go Rest High on That Mountain" by Vince Gill came on. It was one of her favorite songs and they played it at her funeral while showing a picture slide show. The slide show not only showed her own kids and grandkids it also featured pictures of us 5 girls who she always considered to be a part of her family.
Friday I took the kids to school then went to town to fill out paperwork on the pipeline. I then went to school and helped at Alec's class party. I then watched the Halloween parade at school. Rachel went with Maddie Haddow to the pumpkin patch after school and Beckett and Rex came home with us. After playing at home for a bit the boys and I went to the St. Pat's football game. After the game Alec went home with Beckett and Mike and I went to Hospital Appreciation Night at Pals.
| #20 is our favorite! |
Saturday we went to town for the Downtown Halloween walk with Motika, Blakely, and Beckett. It was windy but a good morning. We then came home to watch the Husker game before taking Rachel to Ashtyn Jones farm for a 7th grade Halloween bon fire.
Sunday we went to church then came home to relax in the afternoon. That evening Rachel went with Sarah to trick or treat and Mike and I took Alec and Becca around town. It was a snowy Halloween night but with no school the next day we got to enjoy a full night of seeing friends and candy.
October
25 - How did your school observe Homecoming? We would decorate the halls by class, Have different dress up days, have royalty candidates and attendants for each class, home football game, and then a dance after the game
26 - Do you have and special Homecoming experienced to relate? We didn't really get new dressed for homecoming. Was just casual or clothes that we would wear to dress up on game days.
27 - Tell about any other High School extra-curricular activities. The only other dance we would have was Prom and then a big post prom at the community center. I was also involved in the band.
28 - Tell a story about a time when you dressed up in a costume. I only ever dressed up for Halloween as a kid
29 - Share a memory about being very scared. I can't think of a time I was really scared.
30 - What did people do at Halloween? When we were little we would go to O'Neill to Grandma and Grandpa Tielke's and meet all our cousins and trick-or-treat around the blocks around their house. In Jr high we started staying in Atkinson and eating soup and cookies at Cleary's and we would hand out candy for them. In High School we would dress in all black and go around town egging people and throwing water balloons. We would end up at the city park and stack the picnic table as high as we could and hide from the cops.
31 - Do you have a special Halloween memory? Now that Grandma and Grandpa and Madge are gone all the times I spent with them are special memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment